Linked Events

• January General Meeting: January 11, 2023 : January 11, 2023

Author Topic: January General Meeting: January 11, 2023 (8:00pm)  (Read 2002 times)

Victor.Abraham

• Member of the Board
  • Quasar class
    • Key Holder
January General Meeting: January 11, 2023 (8:00pm)
« on: January 03, 2023, 10:48:24 PM »
Stay tuned for details - we will hold our regular in-person meeting and will also have a zoom option for anyone who would like to join remotely.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 10:10:16 AM by Victor.Abraham »
Meade 1060 10” RG Dob
Criterion RV-6 Dynascope EQ
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binocular

Eric.Golding

• Member of the Centre
  • Planetary class
    • Key Holder
Re: January General Meeting: January 11, 2023 (8:00pm)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 04:40:59 PM »
Did you mean the meetings will ONLY be available via broadcast on zoom?  Or did you mean, IN ADDITION TO the regular in-person meetings at our usual meeting location?  Please clarify.  Thanks.
Eric

Victor.Abraham

• Member of the Board
  • Quasar class
    • Key Holder
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 10:09:04 AM »
Thanks for brining to attention the need for clarity. The meetings will be in-person with an added option of zoom for anyone who wishes to join remotely. I've updated the original posting to reflect that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 10:11:44 AM by Victor.Abraham »
Meade 1060 10” RG Dob
Criterion RV-6 Dynascope EQ
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binocular

ThomasBurke

• Member of the Centre
  • Planetary class
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 02:54:07 PM »
Any update on who, if any, the guest speaker is tonight and how one can access the meeting online?

Ed.Mizzi

• Member of the Centre
  • Quasar class
    • Key Holder
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 11:00:31 AM »
Hi Thomas, I am guessing that Victor has already responded to your queries. But if not...I was at the in-person meeting last night. There was no guest speaker but it was a super meeting. Our social media Director, Debbie, was the Chair and lead us through a discussion about Astrophotography, after she did a book review and an update of Centre items. The discussion was an open-forum so we were all invited to chime in with information, opinions and advice and I, for one, learned a lot. We discussed basic astrophotography, with a phone or camera and tripod or small scope but also more sophisticated work involving higher end capture equipment and processing.
Regarding online access, that is still a work in progress but will hopefully improve as time goes on. But if I may share my take on this, I believe that, as a Centre, and under the direction of a new Board with keen members, we are doing quite well, especially knowing the difficulties of starting fresh since the Covid era ended (well it's not really over...lol). Some Centres are still exclusively using Zoom but we have been consistently getting 15-25 members out to in-person meetings, plus Mark Kaye is still hosting our Thursday night Zoom meetings. Our Board is working hard to initiate programs but that's not easy having been involved for only 4 months and not having many volunteers step up to help. However, I, and I'm sure others would agree, am thankful that you asked your questions, as it means that there are members out there wanting to be involved, whether in person or virtually, and that's the key...being interested and involved. My two cents (or maybe three). Ed