Hi Gary: <br><br>I joined Yahoo just about the time you changed over to your new system. So I now have 2 email adresses. I would like to eliminate my Yahoo e-mail and use only my personal one that I registered on the new blog. thanks <br>
<br>Joe Pipitone<br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Gary Bennett <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:gary@bendun.net">gary@bendun.net</a>></span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
<div link="blue" vlink="purple" lang="EN-CA"><div><p class="MsoNormal"><b>New Email System Update:<u></u><u></u></b></p><p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal">On Tuesday an email was sent to all club members announcing our new email system and Bulletin Board. We are happy to report we have yet to find any glitches! But we do anticipate that those who use more than 1 email address might find that messages sent to the group are Waiting for Moderator Approval. This is a security feature and that is a good thing! Here is an explanation:<u></u><u></u></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal">The new email system is subscription based which means that you can only send email to the group if your email address has been registered. Nothing to do here... you have already been registered using the same email address that you were using on the former RASCals or Yahoo groups. But many of you probably use more than 1 email address. For example, Your Smart Phone (<a href="http://gmail.com" target="_blank">gmail.com</a> / <a href="http://me.com" target="_blank">me.com</a> / etc.) might be receiving email for one of your email addresses (<a href="mailto:sallysmith@cogeco.com" target="_blank">sallysmith@cogeco.com</a>) but if you send email (or reply to an email) from your smart phone, it might be sending from a different email account (<a href="mailto:sallysmith@gmail.com" target="_blank">sallysmith@gmail.com</a>).<u></u><u></u></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal">If this sounds like it applies to you, just send me an email (<a href="mailto:webmaster@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">webmaster@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> or <a href="mailto:gary@bendun.net" target="_blank">gary@bendun.net</a>) with a list of email addresses that you would commonly use and I can make sure you wont have your emails held waiting for approval. You will still have only 1 registered email, but we can add your other email addresses to a list of approved senders.<u></u><u></u></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal">Just a reminder, the new email addresses for RASC Hamilton are:<u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal"> <a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> (use this 99% of the time) Includes Members AND Non-Members<u></u><u></u></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> (use this ONLY when your message is Club Business) Goes to only RASC Members and Associate Members (Paid)<u></u><u></u></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal"><b>Bulletin Board Update<u></u><u></u></b></p><p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal">There is nothing new to report, other than to say it is ready and eager for some new users to get in on the fun.<u></u><u></u></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"> <a href="http://forum.hamiltonrasc.ca/" target="_blank">http://forum.hamiltonrasc.ca/</a><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal">It is easy to register but we have now turned ON the security feature that requires Moderator Approval. This is the feature that keeps the bad-guys out. I plan to be home for the next few days so approval will come quick. But I cant be at my computer 24/7 so I suggest you register tonight and get that chore out of the way.<u></u><u></u></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-left:36.0pt">TIP: Use your real name as your User Name. Handles like stud-muffin or astrogod means I will need to send you an email asking who you are. More work for me, and more delay for you. And I believe that most members will also want to know who you are before they strike up an on-line discussion with you.<u></u><u></u></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal">If any of this sounds confusing, just drop me a line and I will be happy answer your questions.<u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal">
Gary Bennett<u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal"> Director of Communications, RASC Hamilton Centre<u></u><u></u></p><p class="MsoNormal"><u></u><u></u></p></div></div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br>