<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=ltr>
<DIV dir=ltr>
<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
<DIV 
style="FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt" dir=ltr>I 
purchased my Stellarvue 110ED refractor with that company\u2019s heavy duty surveyor 
trip and M2 alt-az mount.&nbsp; This setup is quite portable, however unless you 
know the skies like the back of your hand (or better !!) it presents some 
challenges in some circumstances:</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt" dir=ltr>
<UL>
  <LI>at recent Binbrook Conservation Area cub-scout event, I was going 
  \u201cnudge-nudge\u201d about every 2nd or 3rd little person to make sure all got a 
  reasonably centred view of the moon (used a 24mm / 68 degree AFOV eyepiece on 
  this F7 OTA) 
  <LI>I had a \u201cGalileo moment\u201d that night, seeing my first Messier object, but 
  all credit due to Gary Colwell and his rather impressive Takahashi set-up 
  !!</LI></UL></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>In order to provide go-to / equatorial tracking for my OTA, 
Stellarvue recommends two of Celestron\u2019s mounts: CG5 or CGEM.&nbsp; There are 
substantial differences between these mounts:</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr>
<UL>
  <LI>CG5 - more portable / cheaper 
  <LI>CGEM - much heavier &amp; more stable / handles more payload / better 
  tracking / ~ double the cost of a CG5</LI></UL></DIV>
<DIV>If you look at reviews on both of these mounts, you\u2019ll find the good, the 
bad and the ugly.&nbsp; From what I can piece together, quality control for the 
CG5 might be a bit more hit / miss, and you might need to do some serious tune 
up to what comes \u201cout of the box\u201d.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I should add that I\u2019m not yet into astrophotography (but never say never!!) 
and would be doing observing only for the next 2 \u2013 3 years.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thoughts ??</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-David MacMillan</DIV>
<DIV>Milton</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>