<html>
<body>
<font size=3>At 22:35 6/28/2012, you wrote:<br><br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">He also offers a choice of two
different replacement filters.&nbsp; One is<br>
made by Baader and the other by Astrodon.&nbsp; These filters allow you
to<br>
use the camera for normal daytime use, as long as you use a custom
white<br>
balance.&nbsp; The Astrodon filter is $30 more expensive, but Astrodon
has a<br>
superb reputation for producing the highest quality filters for<br>
astronomical use.&nbsp; So, despite my predilection for choosing the
less<br>
expensive items, I went with the Astrodon
filter.</font></blockquote><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I own a Baader IR/UV blocking filter.&nbsp; It is completely
clear to the unaided eye, but I know it blocks IR as I have a web cam
that is not chip filtered for IR and with some lenses, it washes out
completely due to IR, but when I put the Baader filter in front, it works
normally.&nbsp; Some webcams filter the chip and let the lens be
unfiltered, while others filter the lens and leave the chip
unfiltered.&nbsp; That makes some cameras unsuitable for using with IR
illumination, if the chip is filtered.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Does the Astrodon filter IR?&nbsp; I cannot use my refractor
for CCD work unless I filter out IR and UV.&nbsp; While the scope is
beauty focusing visible light, it quickly goes into out of focus once you
get outside of the visible range, especially at the red end and makes the
scope very hard to focus.&nbsp; I suspect that unless IR is filtered,
most lens systems will not give sharp images.&nbsp; Of course, mirrors
are not affected by this, but Schmidts and Maks are.<br><br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite=""><font size=3>After two days of
no updates, and with visions of modified cameras being<br>
lost, this evening, it showed up in Miami!&nbsp; Apparently, though,
it's<br>
normal for the US Postal Service to send things hundreds of miles out
of<br>
the way.&nbsp; </blockquote><br>
</font>&nbsp;&nbsp; You have to love express service.&nbsp; I bought a
base for my C11 and had it shipped express because I wanted it by the end
of the week when I was travelling down here to install it.&nbsp; It did
not arrive in the &quot;guaranteed&quot; delivery time or two days later,
for that matter.&nbsp; It arrived sometime during the week I was away and
because I was not at home to get the package, I then had to go to the
post office to get it.&nbsp; The express mailing rate was more expensive
than the part and while they guarantee delivery, it is an empty
guarantee.&nbsp; They only guarantee that I will get it, on what ever
time frame they wish, despite the huge extra bucks they charge.&nbsp; I
got the parcel, so what do they care?&nbsp; The one advantage of the
postal service is that there is not a bondage fee to pay for storing the
item at the border while they delay your shipment.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Good luck with your package.&nbsp; Since the company that
shall not be named believes Canada is in the southern hemisphere, maybe
it is a myth for all of California and your package is in Miami because
that is about as far south as you can get before shipping it to the
nether regions.&nbsp; Just what you wanted to hear...<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<font size=3>&nbsp;&nbsp; Clear skies!<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
MK<br><br>
The Observatory by the Lake<br>
<a href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm" eudora="autourl">
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm</a> </font></body>
</html>