<html><head></head><body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><div>Ho Joe, I hope you are enjoying your summer. Seems that this position is very popular, with others also volunteering. Frankly I would also take it on if I was not the President this year. Likely we will have to have a draw to see who the lucky winner is? If its not your name we pull out of the hat would you accept one of the other positions? &nbsp;<br><br>Andy Blanchard<div>905-465-2031H</div><div>905-847-7777B</div></div><div><br>On 2012-07-26, at 10:51 PM, <a href="mailto:joe@pipitone.ca">joe@pipitone.ca</a> wrote:<br><br></div><div></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6001.18639" name="GENERATOR">
<style></style>


<div>Hi Andy</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>I would be glad to help out as the Librarian in some capacity. I love books 
and reading my only problem is that I don't know much about Astronomy as some of 
the other members most likely do&nbsp;but I could write reviews and organize the 
library and loan out books&nbsp; Let me know if I can help. </div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Joe </div>
<div>----- Original Message ----- </div>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><b>From:</b> 
  <a title="atacamandy@me.com" href="mailto:atacamandy@me.com">Andrew 
  Blanchard</a> </div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>To:</b> <a title="announce@hamiltonrasc.ca" href="mailto:announce@hamiltonrasc.ca">announce@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> </div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:48 
  PM</div>
  <div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Subject:</b> [RASC Hamilton Special 
  Announcement] Board Update</div>
  <div><br></div>
  <div></div>
  <div>Hello fellow members, I hope you are enjoying the summer and the very 
  clear sky's we have had in July.&nbsp;I recently got back from a motorcycle 
  trip to the west coast, and aside from a&nbsp;sore<b>&nbsp;</b>bottom it was a 
  visual and olfactory overloading experience. This email is an update to let 
  you know the board has been meeting and planning all summer. At the most 
  recent Board meeting we discussed the following new and old positions that we 
  would likes to add back on the board:<br>&nbsp;<br>Librarian<br>&nbsp;<br>This 
  position is a new position, the librarian would purchase ten astronomy or 
  science books over the year. Read a book a month and then provide a report to 
  the members at the regular monthly meeting and to Orbit on the books 
  content.&nbsp;Set the book up in&nbsp;our bookcase and loan it out to members 
  who would also like to read the book. Not a big job, but one that should be a 
  lot of fun and enjoyment not to mention educational for the 
  librarian.<br>&nbsp;<br>Membership 
  Director&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br>This position as the name implies 
  would be the person responsible for keeping membership lists, renewals and new 
  member tutoring and mentoring. This also is a very rewarding position and 
  would best suited to a person who likes to meet and involve people in&nbsp;our 
  club<br>&nbsp;<br>Banquet Chairperson<br>&nbsp;<br>This job is mostly on 
  automatic pilot. The chairperson would locate a venue, sell the tickets and 
  book the speaker. Our template last year can be copied and improved 
  upon.<br>&nbsp;<br>If one of these positions sound like it might be a 
  interesting 1st step to becoming more involved, then drop me an email or call 
  me so we can discuss it further. I encourage everyone to strongly consider 
  getting involved. Clubs like ours don't just happen, its members stepping up 
  and chipping in. Be a participant and discover the real fun begins the moment 
  you get involved.<br>&nbsp;<br>Our 1st meeting of the fall season dare I save 
  is only several weeks away, being the 1st Thursday of September. Traditionally 
  the 1st meeting is a member night, when members display photos of star 
  party's, astronomical objects, or projects and purchases that they have made. 
  Basically a old fashion "show and tell".<br>&nbsp;<br>See you 
  soon&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br>Andy Blanchard<br><a style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" href="tel:905-465-2031" x-apple-data-detectors-result="1/0" x-apple-data-detectors="true">905-465-2031</a><br><a style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" href="mailto:ablanchard@cogeco.ca">ablanchard@cogeco.ca</a><br>&nbsp;<br><br><br></div>
  <p>
  </p><hr>

  <p></p>_______________________________________________<br>Announce mailing 
  list<br><a href="mailto:Announce@hamiltonrasc.ca">Announce@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/announce_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/announce_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br></blockquote>
</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>