<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt;
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
<body class='hmmessage'><div dir='ltr'>
Hey Roger, <BR>&nbsp;<BR>It took me a while and I was actually thinking of giving up but then I stumbled&nbsp;upon it with my binocs.&nbsp; It was higher in the sky than I had expected.&nbsp; I did see it naked-eye once I knew where it was, but only just.&nbsp; It appeared more like a star than a comet.&nbsp; I showed it to my wife and she probably wondered what all the fuss was about, but I thought it was pretty cool.&nbsp; Wish I had my 100mm refractor set up to view it instead of my crappy binocs.&nbsp; It was much more comet-like than Hartley's comet from a few years back, and it was the first comet with a tail I've ever&nbsp;seen.&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;<BR><div><div id="SkyDrivePlaceholder"></div>Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:17:26 -0400<br>From: Roger.Hill@hiteach.net<br>To: astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>Subject: RE: RASC Hamilton PanSTARRS<br><br><pre>Hi, Mike...how did you find it?  Did it take a while?  Did you see it with the unaided eye?<br> <br>I used my 15x70's and then took a picture.  With all the lights around the parking lot at work, I had no hope of seeing it without aid, although I did try.<br> <br>It was also a very cold night, with a lazy wind (that's a breeze that doesn't bother going around you...it just goes straight through!<br> <br>Anyway, the picture I took is now on the web site at<br><a href="http://www.hamiltonrasc.ca/wp-content/gallery/roger-hill/panstarrs_0.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.hamiltonrasc.ca/wp-content/gallery/roger-hill/panstarrs_0.jpg</a> .  It was taken with my modified Canon T1i, 4 second exposure with in-camera dark frame subtraction turned on.  ISO 400, and the lens was a Tokina zoom, 200mm f/6.3.<br> <br>I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from some of the better astrophotographers in the Centre.<br> <br>Roger<br> <br> <br>-----Original Message-----<br>From: astronomers-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca on behalf of mike ducak<br>Sent: Thu 14/03/2013 9:04 PM<br>To: astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton PanSTARRS<br> <br> <br>I had a pretty good view of it from Guelph through 8x42 binoculars.<br> Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:49:41 -0400<br>From: Roger.Hill@hiteach.net<br>To: astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>Subject: PanSTARRS<br> <br>I would really have liked to go to the observatory this evening, but I had to work.<br> <br>So, I took a few pictures from near the CN Intermodal Terminal in Brampton.<br> <br>I hope the view from Milborough Town Line was good, it was a perfect evening for viewing it.<br> <br>Roger<br> <br> <br>_______________________________________________<br>astronomers mailing list<br>astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br> <br></pre><br>_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</div>                                           </div></body>
</html>