<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>If your looking for something to do on Tuesdays, Joe, Gary and I are building an airplane in my garage on Tuesdays. We start at about 9:30, its fun and interesting. We also talk astronomy too.&nbsp;<br><br><div style="font-size: medium; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">Have a great day</div><div style="font-size: medium; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; "><br></div><div style="font-size: medium; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); "><span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">Andy Blanchard</span><div style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">289-337-6766H</div><div style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">905-847-7777B</div><div style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">905-330-5626C</div></div></div><div><br>On Nov 23, 2013, at 10:41 PM, "Ed Mizzi" &lt;<a href="mailto:emizzi@cogeco.ca">emizzi@cogeco.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>That\u2019s very thoughtful, thanks Andy. I haven\u2019t given up the ghost and will hopefully return over the next few months. I love astronomy too much to give it up.</span><br><span></span><br><span>Ed</span><br><span></span><br><span></span><br><span>On Nov 23, 2013, at 10:35 PM, Andy Blanchard &lt;<a href="mailto:atacamandy@gmail.com">atacamandy@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><br><span></span><br><blockquote type="cite"><span>He's back, Ed nice to see you in print, even if its not in person. </span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>Have a great day</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>Andy Blanchard</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>289-337-6766H</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>905-847-7777B</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>905-330-5626C</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>On Nov 23, 2013, at 10:12 PM, Ed Mizzi &lt;<a href="mailto:emizzi@cogeco.ca">emizzi@cogeco.ca</a>&gt; wrote:</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>David,</span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>Considering that we were out there with that other gentleman, in the cold hours of dawn, while the rest of the world slept or were on their way to work, I think, that even though we couldn\u2019t verify seeing the comet, we must have still seen it. And I\u2019m accepting your DSLR image as proof. So there! Let the naysayers gnash their teeth all they want.</span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>Ed</span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>On Nov 23, 2013, at 8:57 PM, David Galbraith &lt;<a href="mailto:dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com">dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>Hi,</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>As I have reported, this morning I took several dSLR images of the morning sky in the area where Comet ISON should appear, from the Burlington Waterfront. I wasn't able to spot the comet with binoculars or a 5" Mak telescope.</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>Attached is an attempt to find the comet on one of the frames from the tripod-mounted dSLR, compared to predicted locations of the comet and some markers. On the right is the predicted location of the comet at 6:15 AM relative to Mercury, Saturn, and the star Zubenelgenubi, a Stellarium screen capture from yesterday, for 6:15 AM this morning, with the comet highlighted.</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>On the left is an inverted B&amp;W image from this morning, cropped, with contrast and brightness adjusted. This was a 4 second exposure at ISO 800, f/4.7, 63 mm focal length lens. There is a faint smudge in the correct spot. The enlarged rectangle above the labelled point on the larger image to the left is a 2x enlargement relative to the original pixels of the image.</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>The smudge is very close to where the comet should be. The ratios of distances on the photo between Saturn, Zubenelgenubi, and the putative cometary smudge are within 2% of those on the Stellarium screen capture.</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>A more sophisticated photographic and analysis approach would, I am sure, have done a better job (such as having the camera on a tracking mount and subsequently stacking several images) but given that there was perhaps 5 minutes without cloud of some sort before the area was just too light to find anything, I'm reasonably sure that the smudge represents the comet. I'd be happy for feedback.</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>cheers,</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>- David &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;ISON 20131123 images labelled.jpg&gt;_______________________________________________</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></blockquote><span></span><br><span></span><br><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>