<div dir="ltr">I bought them and they are worth it at this price. You will need a tripod though.<div><br></div><div>Joe Pipitone</div></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM, jfpatch <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:jfpatch@gmail.com" target="_blank">jfpatch@gmail.com</a>></span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="auto"><div>I've read some pretty negative reviews on the web. Who / what should I believe???<br><br>Sent by John from his iPad 2!</div>
<div><br>On Nov 26, 2013, at 18:18, David Surette <<a href="mailto:thirdalchemist@gmail.com" target="_blank">thirdalchemist@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br><br></div><div><div dir="ltr"><div><div>Good point Roger, these guys can sell out quickly so shop early!<br>
</div>Forgot to mention that I bought a pair a couple of years ago and for the price they are spectacular. Every time I go up to the cottage I use them just about every night and they never stop amazing me! <br>
</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>David<br></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Roger Hill <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:Roger.Hill@hiteach.net" target="_blank">Roger.Hill@hiteach.net</a>></span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I know...I just thought I'd let the Centre and its friends about it ahead of time.<br>
<br>
Be warned, though...they can sell out fairly quickly in some stores.<br>
<span><font color="#888888"><br>
Roger<br>
</font></span><div><div><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: <a href="mailto:astronomers-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> on behalf of David Surette<br>
Sent: Tue 26/11/2013 2:32 PM<br>
To: <a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton 15x70mm binoculars - $49.99<br>
<br>
They always do... These binoculars seem to come around about every 6 months or so.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM, John Ramberg <<a href="mailto:ramberg.john@gmail.com" target="_blank">ramberg.john@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks Roger<br>
Lool...I knew that if I waited long enough, a good sale would come along!<br>
<br>
<br>
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Roger Hill <<a href="mailto:Roger.Hill@hiteach.net" target="_blank">Roger.Hill@hiteach.net</a>> wrote:<br>
<br>
<br>
Celestron 15x70mm binoculars will be on sale starting on Thursday at Canadian Tire.<br>
<br>
It's part of their "Red Thursday" event, trying to beat "Black Friday" prices by a day.<br>
<br>
It is possible to collimate them, if the images for the right and left eye don't line up, which is not unusual.<br>
<br>
They're great for a quick look at the sky and could be really nice for comet viewing.<br>
<br>
They also come with a tripod adapter which is too flimsy for the job, but can be easily modified to make it a lot stiffer.<br>
<br>
Roger<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888">
<br>
--<br>
<br>
David Surette<br>
<a href="tel:%28289%29%20286-1300" value="+12892861300" target="_blank">(289) 286-1300</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</font></span></div></div><span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888"><br>_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br></font></span></blockquote></div><span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888"><br><br clear="all"><br>-- <br><div dir="ltr"><i><span style="font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif">David Surette</span></i><br><a href="tel:%28289%29%20286-1300" value="+12892861300" target="_blank">(289) 286-1300</a><br>
</div>
</font></span></div><span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888">
</font></span></div><span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br>
<span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></font></span></div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>