<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>Thanks. Epoxy and Duct tape - man's best friends.<br><br>Sent by John from his iPad 2!</div><div><br>On Nov 26, 2013, at 23:07, David Surette &lt;<a href="mailto:thirdalchemist@gmail.com">thirdalchemist@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div><div dir="ltr"><div><div><div>Those of us that already have a pair of these binoculars all agree that the tripod mount that comes with them is not the greatest, (sucks actually!)<br></div>However with a some epoxy and a few nails ( I used 2" finish nails) cut to size you can stiffen up the mount considerably by filling the indentations on either side with epoxy and embedding the nail shanks in the epoxy.<br>
</div><br></div>Dave<br></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Scott Barrie <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:morganman@sympatico.ca" target="_blank">morganman@sympatico.ca</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div style="word-wrap:break-word">They're $50.00, 15X70 binoculars. As long as you don't go into it expecting Zeiss or Fujinon you will probably be happy.<div>
<br></div><div>Maybe I lucked out; my pair focus fine and they seem to be collimated. &nbsp;Don't use them every day but they are nice to have at hand.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Roger is quite right about the tripod mount, which is a shame, because they really are at their best on a tripod. But, as he says... easily modified.</div>
<div><br></div><div>Scott B.<div><div class="h5"><br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br><div><div>On 2013-11-26, at 8:32 PM, jfpatch wrote:</div><br><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="auto"><div>I've read some pretty negative reviews on the web. Who / what should I believe???<br>
<br>Sent by John from his iPad 2!</div><div><br>On Nov 26, 2013, at 18:18, David Surette &lt;<a href="mailto:thirdalchemist@gmail.com" target="_blank">thirdalchemist@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div><div dir="ltr">
<div><div>Good point Roger, these guys can sell out quickly so shop early!<br></div>Forgot to mention that I bought a pair a couple of years ago and for the price they are spectacular. Every time I go up to the cottage I use them just about every night and they never stop amazing me! <br>

</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>David<br></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Roger Hill <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:Roger.Hill@hiteach.net" target="_blank">Roger.Hill@hiteach.net</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>

<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I know...I just thought I'd let the Centre and its friends about it ahead of time.<br>
<br>
Be warned, though...they can sell out fairly quickly in some stores.<br>
<span><font color="#888888"><br>
Roger<br>
</font></span><div><div><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: <a href="mailto:astronomers-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> on behalf of David Surette<br>
Sent: Tue 26/11/2013 2:32 PM<br>
To: <a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton 15x70mm binoculars - $49.99<br>
<br>
They always do... These binoculars seem to come around about every 6 months or so.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM, John Ramberg &lt;<a href="mailto:ramberg.john@gmail.com" target="_blank">ramberg.john@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks Roger<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Lool...I knew that if I waited long enough, a good sale would come along!<br>
<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Roger Hill &lt;<a href="mailto:Roger.Hill@hiteach.net" target="_blank">Roger.Hill@hiteach.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Celestron 15x70mm binoculars will be on sale starting on Thursday at Canadian Tire.<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; It's part of their "Red Thursday" event, trying to beat "Black Friday" prices by a day.<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; It is possible to collimate them, if the images for the right and left eye don't line up, which is not unusual.<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; They're great for a quick look at the sky and could be really nice for comet viewing.<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; They also come with a tripod adapter which is too flimsy for the job, but can be easily modified to make it a lot stiffer.<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Roger<br>
<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; _______________________________________________<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; astronomers mailing list<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; _______________________________________________<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; astronomers mailing list<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
--<br>
<br>
David Surette<br>
<a href="tel:%28289%29%20286-1300" value="+12892861300" target="_blank">(289) 286-1300</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div></div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br><br clear="all"><br>-- <br><div dir="ltr"><i><span style="font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif">David Surette</span></i><br><a href="tel:%28289%29%20286-1300" value="+12892861300" target="_blank">(289) 286-1300</a><br>
</div>
</div>
</div><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br>
<span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></div>_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br></div></div></div></div></div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br><br clear="all"><br>-- <br><div dir="ltr"><i><span style="font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif">David Surette</span></i><br>(289) 286-1300<br></div>
</div>
</div><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></body></html>