<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>I would not word it that way Mark. But I an pretty sure they would not disagree with what I have said. It's just math and from what I understand you are saying there is a big difference between opinion vs fact.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>I am sure they feel an instant dark is cleaner and that's probably true, as it has more noise to subtract, but that noise is also good data for the reasons that I mentioned in my prior post below. &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>I have copied bcc Terry a good friend to protect his email, on this, for him to weigh in.&nbsp;<br><br><div style="font-size: medium; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">Have a great day</div><div style="font-size: medium; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; "><br></div><div style="font-size: medium; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); "><span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">Andy Blanchard</span><div style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">289-337-6766H</div><div style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">905-847-7777B</div><div style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">905-330-5626C</div></div></div><div><br>On Nov 30, 2013, at 9:09 AM, "Mark Kaye" &lt;<a href="mailto:mark.kaye@sympatico.ca">mark.kaye@sympatico.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>

<font size="3">At 09:01 11/30/2013, you wrote:<br>
</font><blockquote type="cite" class="cite" cite=""><font size="3">ISo unless you can control the
delay on in camera darks and the processing rate on the dark subtraction.
In camera processing is a very bad thing for astrophotography.
</font></blockquote><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; So what you are saying here is that both Alan Dyer and Terry
Dickinson, two of the world's leading astronomical imagers, are both
blowing smoke out their ass and that they are not correct?<br>
<x-sigsep><p>
<font size="3">&nbsp;&nbsp; Clear skies!<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
MK<br><br>
The Observatory by the Lake<br>
<a href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm" eudora="autourl">
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm</a> </font>

</p></x-sigsep></div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>