<DIV>Roger,</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>I can help out with the Dobs, etc., but I only know the Sphinx goto mount.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Mark</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><SPAN>On 03/20/14, <B class=name>Roger Hill </B><Roger.Hill@hiteach.net> wrote:</SPAN>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=iwcQuote style="PADDING-LEFT: 13px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #00f 1px solid" cite=mid:BD438F0519C7D44D9E6B20E2FB4CC0E31AFE5C@antigua.HiTeach.local type="cite">
<DIV class="mimepart text plain">We have a new member who'd like some assistance with a Celestron CPC<br />type of telescope. Unfortunately, I have had no experience with using a<br />Celestron handpad for controlling a telescope, just with my Meade. I<br />suspect many of the functions are the same, so I don't think it will<br />take too long for me to figure it out. However, if there is someone who<br />has some familiarity with the Celestron, we could use your expertise!<br /><br />One of the good things about joining a group such as ours is that there<br />is knowledge out there. The Internet is an astonishing thing, but<br />sometimes you just need someone to give you a guiding hand.<br /><br />At the moment, it looks like it just might be clear on Monday evening<br />(24th March). The snow is disappearing quickly, and although it will<br />probably be partially flooded, or at least "squishy", the parking lot at<br />the Observatory should be a good place to get together. <br /><br />So...I'm thinking that getting together for an informal "how to use your<br />telescope" session might not be a bad thing.<br /><br />Do you agree? If so...reply here and let everyone know. Tell us your<br />telescope type and what type of help you'd like or problem you'd like<br />solved. If you can help, let us know here, too! I've seen how these<br />sorts of things can snowball rapidly, and I don't really want to be the<br />only experienced amateur there when several dozen people arrive needing<br />help!<br /><br />Who's interested?<br /><br />Roger<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />_______________________________________________<br />astronomers mailing list<br />astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br /><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target=l >http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</A><br /></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV> </DIV>