<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
On 14-11-01 14:49, Rick Cudmore wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:000d01cff604$a33e39a0$e9baace0$@cogeco.ca"
 type="cite">
  <div class="WordSection1"><span
 style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;">Could it be
the USB to RS232 cable? It is almost 8 years old.<o:p></o:p></span><br>
  </div>
</blockquote>
<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes it could.&nbsp; I find that USB to RS232 adapters can be very fickle,
working with one application and not with another.&nbsp; I prefer FTDI
driver adapters over Prolific as well.&nbsp; Another problem can be that the
device claims to be Prolific, but is actually a cheap knock off that
sort of supports Prolific drivers.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Can you connect other devices to the adapter?<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a weird problem with ECU6 when I hook up my computer to the
G11.&nbsp; It occasionally says that there is not a telescope connected.&nbsp;
Then I run ECU5, which sees the telescope.&nbsp; I stop ECU5 and return to
ECU6 and everything works properly.&nbsp; I have not been able to figure out
why this happens, I just know that as a fix, it works.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
   Clear Skies!
               MK

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm">http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm</a></pre>
</body>
</html>