<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>Hi Rick, I had to replace my RS 232 to USB patch cord this past summer and it was only 3 years old. When I picked up a new one at Tiger Direct it came with the drivers on a CD.</div><div>Hope this helps.</div><div><br></div><div>Ed<br><br>Sent from my iPad</div><div><br>On Nov 1, 2014, at 2:49 PM, Rick Cudmore &lt;<a href="mailto:rcudmore1@cogeco.ca">rcudmore1@cogeco.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0cm;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
        margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--><div class="WordSection1"><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">Hi Everyone,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">I have spent the last three hours trying to get two different programs to connect to my mount and need some help.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">I have a Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro mount, Synscan is version 3.35.&nbsp; Computer uses Windows 7 and I have ECU version 6.0L and TheSkyX version 10.2.0. I\u2019m using a USB connection from the laptop to a RS232 to the hand controller. (If this worked I was going to buy a EQDIR USB2EQ6 cable and bypass the hand controller.)<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">I tried connecting with ECU first as I thought it would be the easiest. In the dropdown menu Skywatcher is not listed and on the forums it was suggested to use Celestron. That is not easy as it doesn\u2019t really state Celestron in the menu. I selected various options and I got connection errors.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">I tried TheSkyX next and the dropdown box doesn\u2019t have Skywatcher again and it was suggested to use Celestron 8i. That didn\u2019t work so I tried Orion and the dropdown states any mount using the Synscan controller. That didn\u2019t work either.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">I tried connecting with EQMOD and Ascom and that received conflicting errors. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">Could it be the USB to RS232 cable? It is almost 8 years old.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would like to hear them.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">Regards,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">Rick<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>