<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
</head>
<body>
<p dir="ltr">Hi Roger,</p>
<p dir="ltr">I would like to take the course. Please let me know if you will be at the next meeting and I can pay you then. Thanks....</p>
<p dir="ltr">Greg Stopelli<br>
</p>
<div class="quote">On Jan 5, 2015 12:40 AM, Roger Hill &lt;Roger.Hill@hiteach.net&gt; wrote:<br type="attribution">
</div>
<div class="BodyFragment">
<div class="PlainText">I now have my work schedule for the next few months and as a consequence, I can now firm up the dates for the New Observers to Visual Astronomy (NOVA) course. It is open to members of the Hamilton Centre.<br>
<br>
All NOVA sessions are on Monday evenings at the Hamilton Centre observatory, at the corner of Milborough Town Line and Concession 7E in Flamborough.&nbsp; We start at 7:30 with some observing (run by Mark Pickett).&nbsp; Finish times will be between 9:30 and 10pm.<br>
<br>
The first course will be $20, and includes the textbook: The Beginner's Observing Guide, a binder, course notes and hand-outs.&nbsp; Each session afterwards is $5.<br>
<br>
Here is the schedule:<br>
Feb 2nd - Brief introduction to the course and the RASC; Planispheres.<br>
Feb 16th - Motions of the Sky and Seasons (Family Day...it could be moved to the following night.)<br>
Mar 2nd - The Solar System<br>
Mar 16th - Telescopes: Choosing and Using.<br>
Mar 30th - The Moon and Eclipses<br>
Apr 13th - Charts, North, Distance, Position and Brightness<br>
Apr 27th - Star Designations, RA, Dec. and Deep Sky Objects<br>
May 11th - Stars and a brief history of the Hamilton Centre<br>
<br>
<br>
The course fills up fairly quickly, so I'd to suggest that you get in touch with me as quickly as you can if you'd like to reserve your place.&nbsp; A few spots are already taken.<br>
<br>
Roger Hill<br>
NOVA instructor,<br>
Hamilton Centre, RASC<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>