<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"></head><body ><div>Is the lovejoy event still on tonight??</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div style="font-size:9px;color:#575757">Sent from Samsung Mobile</div></div><br><br>-------- Original message --------<br>From: Scott Barrie <barrie_62@sympatico.ca> <br>Date:02/20/2015  1:45 PM  (GMT-05:00) <br>To: astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca <br>Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Pics of less than 24hour old moon <br><br>I trust you'll be providing warmer viewing conditions...:-)<br><br><br><br>On Feb 20, 2015, at 1:22 PM, Roger Hill &lt;Roger.Hill@hiteach.net&gt; wrote:<br><br>&gt; Also, don't forget about this evenings nice photo-op with Venus, Mars and the Moon!<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>&gt; From: astronomers on behalf of Scott Barrie<br>&gt; Sent: Fri 20/02/2015 11:56 AM<br>&gt; To: astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>&gt; Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Pics of less than 24hour old moon<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; Thanks, Muhammad (and Murray, Roger and Gary!).<br>&gt; <br>&gt; I used a Nikon D600 with an f4.0 200-400 zoom lens.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Exposure for both shots was 1/13 sec at f5.6.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; ISO on the wide shot was 2500 and it was shot at 260mm.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The closer shot was at ISO 1250 and the lens was set to 400mm.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; I did try a variety of different settings. 1/30 sec was slightly sharper at the expense of increased noise, although I was always surprised at the amount of detail that could be found in the files.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Here's one shot a little bit later at 1/30 sec at f4.0, ISO 5000.&nbsp; The white dot above the tower is a plane.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; On Feb 20, 2015, at 10:31 AM, Muhammad Basil Ahmad &lt;bscphm@gmail.com&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; Very nice, Scott. I saw it when I got home from work, but I was too cold to shoot.<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; What was your camera set up?<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; Muhammad Basil Ahmad<br>&gt;&gt; HonBSc, BScPhm, RPh, CDE<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; On 19 February 2015 at 20:27, Scott Barrie &lt;barrie_62@sympatico.ca&gt; wrote:<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; I braved the cold tonight to try and get a shot of the new moon. Had just about given up - thinking I must have had the wrong night - when I spotted it, a little lower than I anticipated. Managed to get a few shots.&nbsp; Too darn cold to stay out very long.<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; Scott Barrie<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; &lt;New moon and wires wide 2-6538.jpg&gt;&lt;New moon near wires 2-6544.jpg&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt; astronomers mailing list<br>&gt;&gt; astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>&gt;&gt; http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca<br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; <br>&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt; astronomers mailing list<br>&gt;&gt; astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>&gt;&gt; http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; &lt;winmail.dat&gt;_______________________________________________<br>&gt; astronomers mailing list<br>&gt; astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>&gt; http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca<br><br><br>_______________________________________________<br>astronomers mailing list<br>astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br>http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca<br><br></body>