<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt;
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
<body class='hmmessage'><div dir='ltr'><br><hr>Date&#58; Sun, 8 Mar 2015 13&#58;10&#58;37 -0400<br>Subject&#58; Re&#58; Guest Speaker at the Hamilton Centre RASC<br>From&#58; rlward@mcmaster.ca<br>To&#58; supergiant2003@hotmail.com<br><br><div dir=ltr>Hi Gary,<div><br></div><div>Here are the links for the different visualization software I mentioned in my talk on Thursday&#58;</div><div><br></div><div><b>WorldWide Telescope</b></div><div><a href="http&#58;//www.worldwidetelescope.org" target=_blank>http&#58;//www.worldwidetelescope.org</a><br></div><div><br></div><div><b>Partiview (with Digital Universe)</b></div><div><a href="http&#58;//www.amnh.org/our-research/hayden-planetarium/digital-universe/download" target=_blank>http&#58;//www.amnh.org/our-research/hayden-planetarium/digital-universe/download</a><br></div><div>and</div><div><a href="http&#58;//virdir.ncsa.illinois.edu/partiview/" target=_blank>http&#58;//virdir.ncsa.illinois.edu/partiview/</a><br></div><div><br></div><div>Here are the links for the various outreach initiatives I'm involved in as well&#58;</div><div><ul><li><b>Origins Institute 3D Theatre&#58;&#160;</b><a href="http&#58;//origins.mcmaster.ca/outreach/3d-theatre" target=_blank>http&#58;//origins.mcmaster.ca/outreach/3d-theatre</a> (Stay tuned for details on our new show - <i>Mars&#58; A World on the Edge</i>)<br></li><li><b>William J. McCallion Planetarium&#58;</b>&#160;<a href="http&#58;//www.physics.mcmaster.ca/planetarium/" target=_blank>http&#58;//www.physics.mcmaster.ca/planetarium/</a><br></li><li><b>McMaster's Sidewalk Astronomy</b>&#58;&#160;<a href="http&#58;//www.physics.mcmaster.ca/sidewalkastronomy/" target=_blank>http&#58;//www.physics.mcmaster.ca/sidewalkastronomy/</a><br></li></ul></div><div>Thank you so much for the invitation to speak at your meeting.&#160; Aaron and I both want to thank you for dinner as well.&#160; I hope your members enjoy these resources.<br></div><div><br></div><div>If you want to contact Aaron about giving a talk at one of your future meetings, you can contact him at <a href="mailto&#58;ajmax@mcmaster.ca">ajmax@mcmaster.ca</a>.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks again and take care,</div><div><br></div><div>Rachel</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div><div class=ecxgmail_extra><br><div class=ecxgmail_quote>On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6&#58;28 PM, Rachel L. Ward <span dir=ltr>&lt;<a href="mailto&#58;rlward@mcmaster.ca" target=_blank>rlward@mcmaster.ca</a>&gt;</span> wrote&#58;<br><blockquote class=ecxgmail_quote style="border-left&#58;1px #ccc solid;padding-left&#58;1ex;">Hi Gary,<br>
<br>
I just arrived at Turtle Jacks.&#160; My cell number is 416-841-7092.&#160; Let<br>
me know when you arrive.<br>
<br>
Thanks!<br>
<br>
Rachel<br>
<span><br>
On 3/4/15, GAry Colwell &lt;<a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote&#58;<br>
&gt; 255 Dundas St E, Waterdown, ON L0R 2H6<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; (905) 690-1787<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; See you there at 630 pm<br>
&gt; Gary<br>
&gt;<br>
</span><span>&gt; Date&#58; Tue, 3 Mar 2015 22&#58;39&#58;09 -0500<br>
&gt; Subject&#58; Re&#58; FW&#58; Guest Speaker at the Hamilton Centre RASC<br>
&gt; From&#58; <a href="mailto&#58;rlward@mcmaster.ca">rlward@mcmaster.ca</a><br>
&gt; To&#58; <a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi Gary,<br>
&gt; Looking forward to Thursday.&#160; Could you please send me the address for the<br>
&gt; restaurant?<br>
&gt; Thanks,Rachel<br>
&gt; On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 11&#58;16 AM, Gary Colwell &lt;<a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; wrote&#58;<br>
</span>&gt; Sure that would be great!Address to follow,. From&#58; Rachel L. Ward<br>
<span>&gt; [mailto&#58;<a href="mailto&#58;rlward@mcmaster.ca">rlward@mcmaster.ca</a>]<br>
&gt; Sent&#58; February-22-15 11&#58;07 AM<br>
&gt; To&#58; Gary Colwell<br>
&gt; Subject&#58; Re&#58; FW&#58; Guest Speaker at the Hamilton Centre RASC<br>
&gt;&#160; Hi Gary, Yes, I would be able to meet for dinner.&#160; Could you send me the<br>
&gt; address of the pub?&#160; Also, would it be alright if my husband joins us?<br>
&gt; Looking forward to it! Rachel On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 10&#58;41 AM, Gary Colwell<br>
&gt; &lt;<a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote&#58;Hi Rachel..This is perfect thankyou!...We<br>
&gt; usually meet at a local pub before the meeting to have dinner with some of<br>
&gt; the memberswould you be available for that?...we usually meet at 6&#58;00 at<br>
</span>&gt; Turtle Jacks.Looking forward to having you speak to us!Gary From&#58; Rachel L.<br>
<span>&gt; Ward [mailto&#58;<a href="mailto&#58;rlward@mcmaster.ca">rlward@mcmaster.ca</a>]<br>
&gt; Sent&#58; February-22-15 10&#58;17 AM<br>
&gt; To&#58; Gary Colwell<br>
&gt; Subject&#58; Re&#58; FW&#58; Guest Speaker at the Hamilton Centre RASC Hi Gary, Sorry<br>
&gt; for the delay getting this to you.&#160; Here is my title, blurb, photo, and bio.<br>
&gt; A Star is Born&#58; Uncovering the True Nature of Molecular Clouds Giant<br>
&gt; molecular clouds are the birthplace of stars; however, the true nature of<br>
&gt; these clouds remains a great mystery.&#160; The first step towards achieving a<br>
&gt; greater understanding of star formation is exploring the structure and<br>
&gt; evolution of the clouds in which they form.&#160; Learn how powerful<br>
&gt; supercomputers are used to visualize both simulated and observed<br>
&gt; star-forming clouds to help solve several major unanswered questions in star<br>
&gt; formation. Biography&#58;I am in the final year of my PhD in astrophysics at<br>
&gt; McMaster University.&#160; I received my Bachelor's degree from York University<br>
&gt; in 2009 and my Master's degree from McMaster University in 2011.&#160; Over the<br>
&gt; past ten years, I have been involved in various astronomy and science<br>
&gt; outreach initiatives, coordinating events for Let's Talk Science, the<br>
&gt; McMaster 3D Theatre, McMaster's Sidewalk Astronomy, Science Rendezvous, and<br>
&gt; the York Observatory, and also as a presenter at the McCallion Planetarium<br>
&gt; and invited speaker at the David Dunlap Observatory and Ontario Science<br>
&gt; Centre. Let me know if you need anything else.&#160; Sorry again! Rachel&#160; &#160;On<br>
&gt; Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 7&#58;52 PM, Gary Colwell &lt;<a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; wrote&#58;Subject&#58; RE&#58; Guest Speaker at the Hamilton Centre RASC Hello<br>
</span>&gt; Rachael,Just touching base with you regarding your upcoming talk on March 5,<br>
<span>&gt; 2015 to our club. I would love it if you could shoot me off a brief Bio of<br>
&gt; yourselfperhaps with a picture and a description of your topic so I can<br>
&gt; include it in our monthly newsletter and email broadcast, and announce it at<br>
</span>&gt; our meeting tomorrow!Some particularsWe meet at the The Royal Canadian<br>
<span>&gt; Legion  Branch 551 79 Hamilton Street North Waterdown, ON Time; 8&#58;00 pmbut<br>
</span>&gt; we should meet at 7&#58;30 to set things upWe all go out to the royal coachman<br>
<span>&gt; afterward for the after the meeting meeting!Looking forward to having you<br>
</span>&gt; Gary ColwellPresident - HamiltonRASCEmail president@hamiltonRASC.caPersonal<br>
<span>&gt; <a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>&#160; From&#58; Gary Colwell<br>
&gt; [mailto&#58;<a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>]<br>
&gt; Sent&#58; January-25-15 9&#58;18 PM<br>
&gt; To&#58; 'Rachel L. Ward'<br>
&gt; Subject&#58; RE&#58; Guest Speaker at the Hamilton Centre RASC Hello RachaelWe<br>
&gt; would love to have you come speak to us about your research!...I will fill<br>
</span>&gt; you in on the details shortlyThank you for your willingness to come speak<br>
&gt; with us!Sincerely&#160; Gary ColwellPresident - HamiltonRASCEmail<br>
&gt; president@hamiltonRASC.caPersonal <a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>&#160; From&#58; Rachel<br>
<span>&gt; L. Ward [mailto&#58;<a href="mailto&#58;rlward@mcmaster.ca">rlward@mcmaster.ca</a>]<br>
&gt; Sent&#58; January-25-15 7&#58;23 PM<br>
&gt; To&#58; Gary Colwell<br>
&gt; Subject&#58; Re&#58; Guest Speaker at the Hamilton Centre RASC Hi Gary, I'm so sorry<br>
&gt; for not replying to your request sooner.&#160; I wanted to let you know that I<br>
&gt; would love to come speak to the Hamilton RASC on Thursday March 5th.&#160; I<br>
&gt; could give a presentation on my research (star formation) or I could present<br>
&gt; on another topic of interest.&#160; Please let me know if you are still<br>
&gt; interested. Thank you for your invitation.&#160; I look forward to hearing from<br>
&gt; you. Rachel&#160; &#160;On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 2&#58;32 PM, Gary Colwell<br>
&gt; &lt;<a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote&#58;Hi Rachael, Thank you for getting back to<br>
&gt; mewould you be interested in speaking to our group on Thursday March 5,<br>
&gt; 2015? We would be thrilled to have you speak to us ion any topic of your<br>
</span>&gt; choice.Kind Regards,Gary Colwell From&#58; Rachel L. Ward<br>
<span>&gt; [mailto&#58;<a href="mailto&#58;rlward@mcmaster.ca">rlward@mcmaster.ca</a>]<br>
&gt; Sent&#58; January-05-15 9&#58;21 AM<br>
&gt; To&#58; Gary Colwell<br>
&gt; Subject&#58; Re&#58; Guest Speaker at the Hamilton Centre RASC Dear Gary, Thank you<br>
&gt; so much for the invitation to speak at your meeting.&#160; Unfortunately, I will<br>
&gt; be unavailable to speak this Thursday as I already have a prior commitment.<br>
&gt; However, I would be thrilled to come speak at one of your meetings on a<br>
&gt; later date. I'm so sorry that I won't be able to make it, but I look forward<br>
&gt; to hearing from you about scheduling for a later date. Rachel On Mon, Dec<br>
&gt; 29, 2014 at 10&#58;04 AM, Gary Colwell &lt;<a href="mailto&#58;supergiant2003@hotmail.com">supergiant2003@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote&#58;Dear<br>
&gt; Rachael, My name is Gary Colwell and I am the President of the Hamilton<br>
&gt; Centre RASC. I am also a friend of Paul Mortfield. Recently I thought I had<br>
&gt; booked Paul as our guest speaker on January 8, 2015, but through an error on<br>
&gt; my part, I had failed to confirm the date and Paul is booked at the DDO that<br>
&gt; evening. I asked him if he could recommend a speaker for us and he gave me<br>
&gt; your name along with a high recommendation. I know this is extremely short<br>
&gt; notice, but would you be available to speak to our club on Thursday January<br>
&gt; 8, 2015 at 8&#58;00 pm in Waterdown ON. If not we would certainly enjoy hearing<br>
</span>&gt; you at a later date.We have about 20-30 members come out to our meetings,<br>
<div class=ecxHOEnZb><div class=h5>&gt; and they are a very enthusiastic crowd. ..and interests range from beginners<br>
&gt; to seasoned veterans. If you would be available, I would love to hear back<br>
&gt; from you. We generally meet beforehand for dinner with our speaker to say<br>
&gt; thank you for speaking to us.Looking forward to hearing from you.Gary<br>
&gt; ColwellPresident<br>
&gt; Hamilton CentreRASC<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>
                                          </div></body>
</html>