<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>Hi Rick, I would recommend an i7 processor with 6 or 8 GB of RAM and a minimum 750 hard drive. Some come with two HDs but one is Solid State, on which you would install your OS and maybe your image processing software.Asus computers are well made and they back up there products a little better than most. However. HP are also pretty good. I have heard people say that ACER is also good but I have not used one myself. I would also recommend a max. screen size of 15" because larger means heavier and less battery life.</div><div>Of course, you could by a Mac and run dual platform as I have done...works fine for me.</div><div>Ed<br><br>Sent from my iPhone</div><div><br>On Jun 28, 2015, at 11:45 AM, Rick Cudmore <<a href="mailto:rcudmore1@cogeco.ca">rcudmore1@cogeco.ca</a>> wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:"Cambria Math";
panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0cm;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:#0563C1;
text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:#954F72;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--><div class="WordSection1"><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Hi Everyone,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">My current laptop is 7years old and getting very slow. I am seeking advice on a new one and was wondering what I should get in way of speed, chip, memory, etc.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">I look forward to hearing what the members use and consider. I won\u2019t be buying an Apple so its Windows based for me.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Rick<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>