<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Tahoma;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Verdana;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=EN-US link=blue vlink=purple><div class=WordSection1><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>Hi Muhammad,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>Thanks very much for sharing that and I do appreciate you alerting the group to these interesting things; very cool picture.  I didn't know that it was possible to get two consecutive disk crossings!  <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>Chris<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div style='border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=MsoNormal><b><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span></b><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> astronomers [mailto:astronomers-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Muhammad Basil Ahmad<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, September 13, 2015 5:20 PM<br><b>To:</b> astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: RASC Hamilton ISS Solar Transit on August 27<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal>Solar &quot;baseball&quot; as seen from Germany last month:<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><a href="http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150912.html">http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150912.html</a><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><br clear=all><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>Muhammad Basil Ahmad</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:7.5pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'>RPh, HonBSc, BScPhm, CDE</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal>On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:23 PM, David Galbraith &lt;<a href="mailto:dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com" target="_blank">dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Hi everyone,<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Thanks Muhammad for the tip on this transit. A very interesting experience.&nbsp;<span style='font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>I set up in the parking lot at Royal Botanical Gardens, 680 Plains Road West in Burlington, which is about 0.8 km off of the predicted centre line of the transit. I put a Nikon D800 on a Meade 125 TB Maksutov Cassegrain telescope and ran 30 fps video for about 90 seconds either side of the predicted transit. I had no idea if I had any luck with this until I got home and could run the clip on a computer.&nbsp;This procedure did indeed capture the transit. As predicted, the ISS covered the sun's disk in under 2 seconds - in 54 frames in fact.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>I extracted the frames and ran StarStax to try to get a stacked version. I am sure something like PhotoShop would do a better job, but I don't have access to it. My first attempt at a composite image using the stacked frames is attached. The station is visible in nearly every frame, although the subject was very challenging because of the cloud cover. The moving clouds made for an interesting effect in StarStax, but the station is not as clear in the composite as it is in most single frames.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>I would be grateful for processing recommendations. I am extracting the relevant frames as a video clip too.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>cheers,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>David Galbraith<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Dundas, ON<o:p></o:p></p><div><div class=MsoNormal align=center style='text-align:center'><hr size=3 width="100%" align=center></div><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:07:32 -0400<br>From: <a href="mailto:bscphm@gmail.com" target="_blank">bscphm@gmail.com</a><br>To: <a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton ISS Solar Transit on August 27<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Did anyone see or photograph the event? There seemed to be a clear window at the time.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><br clear=all><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>Muhammad Basil Ahmad</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:7.5pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'>RPh, HonBSc, BScPhm, CDE</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal>On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 2:03 PM, David Galbraith &lt;<a href="mailto:dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com" target="_blank">dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>This is really interesting<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Fyi - a clear view of the western horizon will be necessary, as the sun will be at 15 degrees elevation or less at transit.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Weather forecast at the moment not looking great, however.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal>Best wishes,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal>David<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></div></div><div><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>On Aug 23, 2015, at 11:17, Muhammad Basil Ahmad &lt;<a href="mailto:bscphm@gmail.com" target="_blank">bscphm@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><blockquote style='margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Coming up over the Hamilton area.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Thursday, August 27, 2015 around 6:25 PM.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>I'll be at work, otherwise, I'd try to photograph it.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><a href="https://www.calsky.com/?Transitline=&amp;showhome=&amp;obs=4870767060583&amp;tdt=2457262.43482751&amp;sat=25544&amp;interval=0.00011574&amp;step=0.00000231&amp;mainbody=0" target="_blank">https://www.calsky.com/?Transitline=&amp;showhome=&amp;obs=4870767060583&amp;tdt=2457262.43482751&amp;sat=25544&amp;interval=0.00011574&amp;step=0.00000231&amp;mainbody=0</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>Muhammad Basil Ahmad</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:7.5pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'>RPh, HonBSc, BScPhm, CDE</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></blockquote></div></div><blockquote style='margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p class=MsoNormal>_______________________________________________<br>astronomers mailing list<br><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote></div><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>_______________________________________________<br>astronomers mailing list<br><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><br>_______________________________________________ astronomers mailing list <a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> <a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>_______________________________________________<br>astronomers mailing list<br><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>