<div dir="ltr">Solar &quot;baseball&quot; as seen from Germany last month:<div><br></div><div><a href="http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150912.html">http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150912.html</a><br></div></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br clear="all"><div><div class="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div><div dir="ltr"><div><div><font size="2" face="tahoma, sans-serif">Muhammad Basil Ahmad</font></div><div><font size="1" face="verdana, sans-serif">RPh, HonBSc, BScPhm, CDE</font></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>
<br><div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:23 PM, David Galbraith <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com" target="_blank">dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">


<div><div dir="ltr"><font size="3">Hi everyone,</font><div><font size="3"><br></font></div><div><font size="3">Thanks Muhammad for the tip on this transit. A very interesting experience. <span style="font-family:tahoma,sans-serif"> </span><br></font><div><font size="3"><br></font></div><div><font size="3">I set up in the parking lot at Royal Botanical Gardens, 680 Plains Road West in Burlington, which is about 0.8 km off of the predicted centre line of the transit. I put a Nikon D800 on a Meade 125 TB Maksutov Cassegrain telescope and ran 30 fps video for about 90 seconds either side of the predicted transit. I had no idea if I had any luck with this until I got home and could run the clip on a computer. </font><span style="font-size:12pt">This procedure did indeed capture the transit. As predicted, the ISS covered the sun&#39;s disk in under 2 seconds - in 54 frames in fact.</span></div><div><font size="3"><br></font></div><div><font size="3">I extracted the frames and ran StarStax to try to get a stacked version. I am sure something like PhotoShop would do a better job, but I don&#39;t have access to it. My first attempt at a composite image using the stacked frames is attached. The station is visible in nearly every frame, although the subject was very challenging because of the cloud cover. The moving clouds made for an interesting effect in StarStax, but the station is not as clear in the composite as it is in most single frames. </font></div><div><font size="3"><br></font></div><div><font size="3">I would be grateful for processing recommendations. I am extracting the relevant frames as a video clip too. </font></div><div><font size="3"><br></font></div><div><span style="font-size:12pt">cheers,</span></div><div><font size="3"><br></font></div><div><font size="3">David Galbraith</font></div><div><font size="3">Dundas, ON<br></font><br><div><hr>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:07:32 -0400<span class=""><br>From: <a href="mailto:bscphm@gmail.com" target="_blank">bscphm@gmail.com</a><br>To: <a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton ISS Solar Transit on August 27<br><br></span><div><div class="h5"><div dir="ltr">Did anyone see or photograph the event? There seemed to be a clear window at the time.</div><div><br clear="all"><div><div><div dir="ltr"><div><div dir="ltr"><div><div><font size="2" face="tahoma, sans-serif">Muhammad Basil Ahmad</font></div><div><font size="1" face="verdana, sans-serif">RPh, HonBSc, BScPhm, CDE</font></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>
<br><div>On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 2:03 PM, David Galbraith <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com" target="_blank">dr_d_a_galbraith@hotmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote style="border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="auto"><div>This is really interesting</div><div><br></div><div>Fyi - a clear view of the western horizon will be necessary, as the sun will be at 15 degrees elevation or less at transit.</div><div><br></div><div>Weather forecast at the moment not looking great, however. <br><br><div>Best wishes,</div><div><br></div>David<div><br><div><br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></div></div><span><div><br>On Aug 23, 2015, at 11:17, Muhammad Basil Ahmad &lt;<a href="mailto:bscphm@gmail.com" target="_blank">bscphm@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div></span><div><div><blockquote><div><div dir="ltr"><div>Coming up over the Hamilton area.</div><div><br></div><div>Thursday, August 27, 2015 around 6:25 PM.</div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;ll be at work, otherwise, I&#39;d try to photograph it.</div><div><br></div><div><a href="https://www.calsky.com/?Transitline=&amp;showhome=&amp;obs=4870767060583&amp;tdt=2457262.43482751&amp;sat=25544&amp;interval=0.00011574&amp;step=0.00000231&amp;mainbody=0" target="_blank">https://www.calsky.com/?Transitline=&amp;showhome=&amp;obs=4870767060583&amp;tdt=2457262.43482751&amp;sat=25544&amp;interval=0.00011574&amp;step=0.00000231&amp;mainbody=0</a><br></div><div><br></div><div><div><div dir="ltr"><div><div dir="ltr"><div><div><font size="2" face="tahoma, sans-serif">Muhammad Basil Ahmad</font></div><div><font size="1" face="verdana, sans-serif">RPh, HonBSc, BScPhm, CDE</font></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>
</div>
</div></blockquote></div></div><blockquote><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><span><br><span>astronomers mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></span></div></blockquote></div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>
<br>_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></div></div></div></div></div>                                         </div></div>
<br>_______________________________________________<br>
astronomers mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca">astronomers@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>