<html><head></head><body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><div><br><br>Andy Blanchard<div>905-465-2031H</div><div>905-847-7777B</div></div><div><br>On 2012-03-22, at 10:09 PM, "Roger Hill" &lt;<a href="mailto:Roger.Hill@hiteach.net">Roger.Hill@hiteach.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div></div><blockquote type="cite"><div><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Tahoma;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--><div class="WordSection1"><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Hi, Andy\u2026<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">For visual work, it\u2019s not an issue\u2026the object was always in the eyepiece, and the joystick made it easy to centre it.&nbsp; It was only after I hooked up a camera to the scope that I noticed the problem, and realized why the GOTO\u2019s were not perfect.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">I don\u2019t think with the mild winter we had, that the pier would have shifted enough to have caused the problem.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">The autoguider, though, could have helped a lot but I could not get it to work.&nbsp; Is there a problem with it?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D">Roger<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#1F497D"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div style="border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in"><p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> <a href="mailto:members-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca">members-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> [mailto:members-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Andy Blanchard<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:43 PM<br><b>To:</b> <a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br><b>Subject:</b> Re: RASC Hamilton - Members Only Last night...<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class="MsoNormal">I notice it also last night Roger. I suspect we had a gremlin playing with the polar alignment again. We had perfect alignment a few weeks ago. Looks like a new topping is in order.<br><br>Andy Blanchard<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class="MsoNormal">905-465-2031H<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class="MsoNormal">905-847-7777B<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><br>On 2012-03-22, at 5:28 PM, "Roger Hill" &lt;<a href="mailto:Roger.Hill@hiteach.net">Roger.Hill@hiteach.net</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt"><div><p class="MsoNormal">Last night (March 21,2012) I was at the observatory until after 1am, having a lovely time. <o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">I used my Canon T1i and got the scope focused using the nice sharp diffraction spikes on a bright star.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">The tracking was awful, though, with a steady drift.&nbsp; 1 minute exposures showed trailed stars.<o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">I also couldn't get the autoguider to work.&nbsp; There is an LED on it that lights up when it\u2019s connected.&nbsp; No matter which USB hub I tried, &nbsp;the light never came on, and there was no indication on the computer that it was trying to connect..&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">What work remains to be done on the scope automation project?<o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote><blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt"><div><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;">_______________________________________________<br>members mailing list<br><a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></blockquote></div></div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>members mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br><span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>