I have been enjoying reading this thread in the members list for a few days now. I find it reassuring that there are so many people interested in the success of the club that they are willing to invest their time and energy into such a debate. <br>
<br>Mr. Farfan made a critical remark regarding privacy and based on the evidence I have been able to identify in my mail message headers and logs, I have not reached the same conclusions that he has. From what I can see, the recipients of the <a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a> remain anonymous until we wish to reply. So with all possible respect to Mr Farfan, I wanted to balance his contribution with an alternative observation. From my perspective I don't see a privacy issue.<br>
<br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On 23 March 2012 14:30, Andy Blanchard <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:atacamandy@hotmail.ca">atacamandy@hotmail.ca</a>></span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
<div bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><div>Hi Frank this system although we are on a new server has been this way for at least ten years. We will discuss your comments at the next board meeting, but this list is for discussing astronomy, announcements and generally anything that people wish to discuss as long as its not offensive. I believe, but I will check with Gary Bennett when he returns that there is a condensed version that can be set up.<span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888"><br>
<br>Andy Blanchard<div>905-465-2031H</div><div>905-847-7777B</div></font></span></div><div><div class="h5"><div><br>On 2012-03-23, at 12:56 PM, <a href="mailto:dalton.farfan@sympatico.ca" target="_blank">dalton.farfan@sympatico.ca</a> wrote:<br>
<br></div><div></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>
<div dir="ltr">To the Centre executive:<br><br>There is no need for all members to receiving all these communications & in my opinion it is completely inappropriate to be using the email list in this manner. Not only are these myriad emails clogging our email system but there may have been a breach of our privacy rights in disseminating our email address in the manner done. We wish to receive email announcements from the Centre/executive but not in a way which results in these blanket emails from the entire responding membership. Please make the appropriate adjustments to your email list, in respect of our email address at least, so as to correct this situation.<br>
<br>Best regards & happy skies to all,<br>Frank Farfan<br><br>> To: <a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>> From: <a href="mailto:glcolwell@cogeco.ca" target="_blank">glcolwell@cogeco.ca</a><br>
> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:16:44 +0000<br>> Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton - Members Only Last night...<br>> <br>> Me too!(Not frm Milton)<br>> Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network<br>
> <br>> -----Original Message-----<br>> From: scott barrie <<a href="mailto:barrie_62@sympatico.ca" target="_blank">barrie_62@sympatico.ca</a>><br>> Sender: <a href="mailto:members-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">members-bounces@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:18:43 <br>> To: <<a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a>><br>> Reply-to: <a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
> Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton - Members Only Last night...<br>> <br>> _______________________________________________<br>> members mailing list<br>> <a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
> <a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>> <br>> <br>> _______________________________________________<br>
> members mailing list<br>> <a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>> <a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
</div>
</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>members mailing list</span><br><span><a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br>
<span><a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca</a></span><br></div></blockquote></div></div></div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
members mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:members@hamiltonrasc.ca">members@hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<a href="http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca" target="_blank">http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br>