RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] Board Update

joe at pipitone.ca joe at pipitone.ca
Fri Jul 27 21:08:34 EDT 2012


    I have no problem if someone else wants to do it. I thought this would be how I could best help at this time. I would be glad to pull out if others are interested. I am sure more experienced members would have more to offer in recommending Astro books. I could offer a newbie version for new members. Maybe a co reviewer by an experienced member and a new member would be a novelty. But, If they want to split up the work I would be glad to do the grunt work it that would help. I not really interested in the other ones as I am trying to get as far away from my former work life as possible and I would find it a return to work and stress , something which I have been away now for a number of years and loving stress free retirement.leaving me to follow my interests.  Maybe something else will come up in the future that I can help the club out. It is great that people want to volunteer.   

Thanks 

See you at Starfest. 

Joe  
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Andy Blanchard 
  To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca 
  Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 6:08 PM
  Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] Board Update


  Ho Joe, I hope you are enjoying your summer. Seems that this position is very popular, with others also volunteering. Frankly I would also take it on if I was not the President this year. Likely we will have to have a draw to see who the lucky winner is? If its not your name we pull out of the hat would you accept one of the other positions?  

  Andy Blanchard
  905-465-2031H
  905-847-7777B

  On 2012-07-26, at 10:51 PM, joe at pipitone.ca wrote:


    Hi Andy

    I would be glad to help out as the Librarian in some capacity. I love books and reading my only problem is that I don't know much about Astronomy as some of the other members most likely do but I could write reviews and organize the library and loan out books  Let me know if I can help. 

    Joe 
    ----- Original Message ----- 
      From: Andrew Blanchard 
      To: announce at hamiltonrasc.ca 
      Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:48 PM
      Subject: [RASC Hamilton Special Announcement] Board Update


      Hello fellow members, I hope you are enjoying the summer and the very clear sky's we have had in July. I recently got back from a motorcycle trip to the west coast, and aside from a sore bottom it was a visual and olfactory overloading experience. This email is an update to let you know the board has been meeting and planning all summer. At the most recent Board meeting we discussed the following new and old positions that we would likes to add back on the board:
       
      Librarian
       
      This position is a new position, the librarian would purchase ten astronomy or science books over the year. Read a book a month and then provide a report to the members at the regular monthly meeting and to Orbit on the books content. Set the book up in our bookcase and loan it out to members who would also like to read the book. Not a big job, but one that should be a lot of fun and enjoyment not to mention educational for the librarian.
       
      Membership Director   
       
      This position as the name implies would be the person responsible for keeping membership lists, renewals and new member tutoring and mentoring. This also is a very rewarding position and would best suited to a person who likes to meet and involve people in our club
       
      Banquet Chairperson
       
      This job is mostly on automatic pilot. The chairperson would locate a venue, sell the tickets and book the speaker. Our template last year can be copied and improved upon.
       
      If one of these positions sound like it might be a interesting 1st step to becoming more involved, then drop me an email or call me so we can discuss it further. I encourage everyone to strongly consider getting involved. Clubs like ours don't just happen, its members stepping up and chipping in. Be a participant and discover the real fun begins the moment you get involved.
       
      Our 1st meeting of the fall season dare I save is only several weeks away, being the 1st Thursday of September. Traditionally the 1st meeting is a member night, when members display photos of star party's, astronomical objects, or projects and purchases that they have made. Basically a old fashion "show and tell".
       
      See you soon 
       
       
       
      Andy Blanchard
      905-465-2031
      ablanchard at cogeco.ca
       





--------------------------------------------------------------------------


      _______________________________________________
      Announce mailing list
      Announce at hamiltonrasc.ca
      http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/announce_hamiltonrasc.ca

    _______________________________________________
    astronomers mailing list
    astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
    http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  astronomers mailing list
  astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
  http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20120727/acf6d676/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list