RASC Hamilton Case for EQ6 mount and Battery
joe at pipitone.ca
joe at pipitone.ca
Tue Jul 31 09:52:36 EDT 2012
Great! I just ordered it.
Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: Gary Bennett
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:51 AM
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Case for EQ6 mount and Battery
Here is what I use:
http://www.aptika.com/ca/products/detail.asp?p=Nanuk-Case-945
It is big enough for the mount, hand controller and other wires.
There is an option ($88.00) for a foam liner. But I bought a 4 X 8 sheet of 2" foam and spray glue and did it myself. That sheet cost $ 80.00 but I had lots left over for other projects.
Gary Bennett
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca [mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of joe at pipitone.ca
Sent: July-30-12 10:24 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: RASC Hamilton Case for EQ6 mount and Battery
Hello everyone,
I bought the above mount and would like to find an inexpensive way to protect it in a case. It comes in a box with Styrofoam. It is difficult to move around. Any suggestions on a good case for it preferably something with wheels?
Also, is there a way to carry and protect the marine battery to power the telescope. It is hard to believe that that there isn't something to house the battery as well other than having it bounce around in the car.
Looking forward to your suggestions.
Joseph Pipitone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20120731/3886525a/attachment-0002.htm>
More information about the astronomers
mailing list