RASC Hamilton Bring your Transit images on a USB stickto TheBanquet tomorrow...
Roger Hill
Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Fri Jun 8 14:57:14 EDT 2012
I'd like the Star Tracker. I travel often enough that it would be great to have something that would allow widefield astrophotographic exposures of a couple of minutes or more that was easily portable.
The CCD camera would be nice, too. While I like the QHY5 that I use for autoguiding, it'd be nice to have colour and a larger field. I used to have a lot of fun with several different webcams, from the original 6 bit Quickcam to the Philips 690K and later the TouCam and the even a Creative Labs CCD that was quite nice.
I have several pairs of binoculars: 8x40, 7x50, 10x50 and 15x70. I don't need anymore.
Roger
-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca on behalf of Gary Bennett
Sent: Fri 08/06/2012 2:24 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Bring your Transit images on a USB stickto TheBanquet tomorrow...
Just out of curiosity, what prize are you crossing your fingers for?
- Skymaster 8 X 56 Binoculars
- 3MP Colour CCD Camera
- Vixen Polarie Star Tracker
Gary B
-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Roger Hill
Sent: June-08-12 1:52 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Bring your Transit images on a USB stick to
TheBanquet tomorrow...
No problem...and if this had added me to the list of event organizers that
are not eligible, you can gues what WOULDN'T be happening!
See you tomorrow,
Roger
(who still has a nice ETX-90EC for sale)
-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca on behalf of Gary Bennett
Sent: Fri 08/06/2012 1:35 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Bring your Transit images on a USB stick to
TheBanquet tomorrow...
Thank you for doing this Roger!
I just got back from Efston Science where I picked up another really
fabulous door prize!!! FYI, a few of us event organizers are NOT eligible
for door prizes so your odds are looking better than you might think!
Gary Bennett
-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Roger Hill
Sent: June-08-12 11:49 AM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: RASC Hamilton Bring your Transit images on a USB stick to The
Banquet tomorrow...
I should know better by now...
Ok...if you have any images of the Transit you'd like to show, bring them on
a USB stick. When you get to the banquet, find me and I'll load them onto a
laptop. The resultant slide show will then be projected on to a screen
during the dinner. You will not have a chance to say where they were taken
from, what equipment you used, or even that you took them...they will just
be shown.
Roger Hill
-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca on behalf of Roger Hill
Sent: Fri 08/06/2012 10:50 AM
To: gary at bendun.net; astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: The Banquet tomorrow...
At tomorrows banquet, will there be a showing of some peoples Venus Transit
pictures?
Perhaps as a never ending slide show during dinner?
Roger
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 5044 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20120608/4bd7321c/attachment-0002.bin>
More information about the astronomers
mailing list