RASC Hamilton Transit of Venus

Gary Bennett gary at bendun.net
Fri May 11 20:04:52 EDT 2012


Finding a Solar filter now will be difficult. I know that Kendrick makes
filters but their website says that that will not be able to fulfill new
orders until after the June transit. 

It is possible to make your own filter by using Baader Solar film but I
suspect no one will have stock. I used to own a CPC1100 and that's what I
did. 

  Gary Bennett



-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Al Jones
Sent: May-11-12 7:41 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: RASC Hamilton Transit of Venus

Hi Gary

I have a CPC 1100 but no solar filter. I've tried to a get a glass one from
Efston Science but no stock. They said mylar possible but much less durable.

Suggestions?

Thx

Al 
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca




More information about the astronomers mailing list