RASC Hamilton Found in Binbrook - Telescope adjustment knob

David MacMillan starchemist at cogeco.ca
Tue May 29 21:18:25 EDT 2012


Andy - It’s mine – part of my Vixen Porta II mount.



Didn’t realize it was missing until I got home to Milton.

These slow-mo cables are the Achilles heel of this mount – Cloudy Nights has no end of complaints, but Vixen refuses to improve its design.

Wouldn’t you know I ordered new cables from Agena on Saturday and they shipped today!!  Thankfully they aren’t expensive – about $10 each.  However, I had to order 3 of them to get above Agena’s minimum international order of $25.

Any chance you could get the cable you found to me on the next club night?.........or send it with someone who’s going?

Many thanks for spotting this, and for sending out the email!!

-David MacMillan

ps: If anyone has suggestions for keeping these slo-mo cables from falling off (e.g. adhesive, teflon tape, drill a bevel into the integral male part of the slo-mo controls, a curse), I’m all ears !!





From: Andrew Bienhaus 
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:46 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca 
Subject: RASC Hamilton Found in Binbrook - Telescope adjustment knob

Hey guys,
thanks again for coming out to the conservation area last Friday night... I hope you had fun, I know the youth did for sure.
They were still talking about Saturn's rings last night... :-)

I did find one black and chrome adjustment knob on the lawn the next morning... about 6" long. Send Gary a photo of it...

Please let me know if you are missing something, so we can get it to you!!

Thanks!
Andy
1st Binbrook Scout Group


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20120529/911b4b20/attachment-0002.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image[1].png
Type: image/png
Size: 358989 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20120529/911b4b20/attachment-0002.png>


More information about the astronomers mailing list