RASC Hamilton What you missed tonight...

Colin Haig astronomer at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 6 22:45:51 EDT 2012


Thought I'd share some highlights of tonight's Hamilton Centre meeting.
Turn out was only about 12-15 folks, kind of disappointing, esp w 
such good content!
Pres Andy presented Rising Star award to Dana, and Gold Star to past 
president Eric Golding - well deserved, long overdue recognition 
(IMHO). Stars handed out to other folks like Will Grey who served on 
board, and Jason for all his work (and family help) fixing up 
observatory site.  I'm sure I've missed some details.

I touched on some national business: (1) OH2013 coming soon, (2) 
Calendar deal - check your email for a bargain! (3) GA highlights - 
come to Thunder Bay next summer (4) National Bylaw work mostly done, 
will be voted in at next years GA (5) Hamilton Centre bylaws need to 
be updated and aligned

Roger Hill did a great presentation of Canon camera modification for 
more deep red sensitivity.

Joe Pipitone did a book review - quite interesting.

Gary Colwell (winner of Starfest astrophoto competition) did Bass 
Ackward Astrophotography.

Andy mentioned something about getting rid of the 16 inch scope which 
I didn't quite follow - expect he will say more what they are 
thinking as it didnt seem to make sense to me.

Nominations due for the Board asap - Roger put nomination form in 
Orbit. Please  think about committing 3 hours a month as a board 
member!!!! Your help is needed.

Some folks went to Coachman for a beer afterward.

Cheers
Colin





More information about the astronomers mailing list