RASC Hamilton NOVA program. Session 5: Monday, April 1, 2013 STAR DESIGNATIONS, RIGHT ASCENSION / DECLINATION & DEEP SKY OBJECTS

Roger Hill Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Tue Apr 2 11:24:19 EDT 2013


Hi, Roy...

Sorry you missed last night, but I feel even sorrier for your relatives.

At the 4th NOVA session, I asked the people who were there about moving the one on April 15th to April 23rd, as I'll be out of the country that week.

If there is sufficient demand, I'm thinking of taking a Saturday, perhaps in May, and offering to go through any sessions that people want.  Perhaps if it's clear, we can do some observing with the big 16" scope, too. 

The "homework' is just to read all of Chapter 6, and go through the Explore The Universe Certificate for the deep sky objects.

On the 23rd, we'll be doing Star names/designations, the Moon and Eclipses.

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca on behalf of Roy Dickinson
Sent: Tue 02/04/2013 9:30 AM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton NOVA program.  Session 5: Monday, April 1, 2013  STAR DESIGNATIONS, RIGHT ASCENSION / DECLINATION & DEEP SKY OBJECTS
 
Roger,

Unfortunately, I missed the NOVA Program Meeting last night.  We had  
relatives visiting from England.  They were scheduled to land at  
Pearson at 1:45 p.m.  This meant that we could have dinner and allow  
me to go to NOVA.  However, they had a four hour delay due to a  
mysterious container scanned in a suitcase.  It looked like a bomb,  
but was found to be a contact glasses container wrapped in a wire  
device.  They had pre-registered for a rental car at Pearson.  They  
didn't arrive at our house until 7:p.m.

Please send me the homework, at your convenience.  All being well, I  
will attend the 15th April Meeting.  Joe Pipitone has offered to pick  
me up for the meeting.

Thank you,

Roy

Roy Dickinson
70 Ryans Way
Waterdown
Ontario  L0R 2H5
Tel: 905 689-4525
Cell: 289-244-0416
E-mail: dickinsonroy at mac.com






On 31-Mar-13, at 10:53 PM, Roger Hill wrote:

> Hello,  Nova Participants:
>
> Tomorrow is the 5th of the 8 evenings of the NOVA Program.
>
> It will start at 8pm at the Hamilton Centre Observatory, as usual.
>
> The topics I hope to cover are: STAR DESIGNATIONS, RIGHT ASCENSION /  
> DECLINATION & DEEP SKY OBJECTS
>
> I'm looking forward to this, and I hope you are too.
>
> If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
>
> Roger Hill
> NOVA instructor
> Orbit Editor
> Past President
>
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 4715 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20130402/381c7fda/attachment-0002.bin>


More information about the astronomers mailing list