RASC Hamilton Meetings

PAPA PETER papapeter8 at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 6 11:08:34 EDT 2013


I am not signed up for anything as of yet as I could not  attend anything so far. How do I sign up. Excited to attend things now. Thank so much for your help.

Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net> wrote:

The NOVA session are on Monday evenings, and the calendar shows the next
one to be on April 22nd.  Are you signed up for it?  I don't have my
class-list with me at the moment.

The monthly meetings are on the first Thursday of the month, and my work
schedule means that I'll miss the next one.

Cheers,

Roger



-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of PAPA PETER
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 10:02 AM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Meetings

Thanks for the come back Rodger. What day are the monthly meetings. I
know it is a Monday but not sure which one. Thanks

Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net> wrote:

Hi, Peter...glad to have you back in the area!

 

One of the best ways to find out about the events we have is on the
calendar, found on the web site.

 

At our monthly meetings where we have a speaker, there is no point
bringing a telescope...the room is a big one, but it's not THAT big!

 

The best occasion coming up appears to be on May 8th:

 

This is a special invitation to the Public (and members too) to get up
close and personal with the night sky.
Guests will learn some astronomy basics and then get a good look at the
sky with our World-Class telescope.
Do you own a telescope and have not learned how to use it? Bring it
along and our members will teach you the basics.
This event is dependent on clear skies so check back a few hours before
start time to a CANCELLATION (we hope not) notification.

 

The other way to get assistance is to send a message here and see if
someone responds.  It won't be me for a couple of weeks, but we do have
some other people who are much better at this sort of thing than I am
(Take a bow, Mark Pickett!).  Mark might, for instance, suggest meeting
at the Observatory when there is another event going on, like one of the
NOVA sessions, 

 

Another way to get help is to ask here, and tell us what type of
telescope you have and the problems you're having with it...there's a
non-zero chance that someone else has had the same problem and knows
what to do, or is interested in the answer, too!

 

I hope this helps.

 

Roger

 

From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Peter
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 3:50 PM
To: Roger
Subject: RASC Hamilton Meetings

 

Rodger, I joined RASC for this year but have been away.  I am back now
and would like to know when the meetings are and if we need to bring our
telescopes.  I tried to use it while being away but could not make it
work.  Need some help.

 

Thanks

Peter Wiesner


_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca

_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca



More information about the astronomers mailing list