RASC Hamilton So clean it sparkles...

Roger Hill Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Sun Apr 7 15:21:47 EDT 2013


That would be the Butler Building.  Back in the early 70's, there was
some though of turning a grain silo into an observatory.  Les Powis
arranged a donation from a company called Butler, based in Burlington.

I helped to put the roof on, but the tallest guy in the Centre, a fellow
called Ambrose Moore, held up the centre ring so that some of the
trapezoidal rood panels could be attached and it became self supporting.

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Rick
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 2:09 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton So clean it sparkles...

You might want to check out the round metal building too. Seems to me
lots of stuff got placed in there.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Colin Haig
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 12:59 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton So clean it sparkles...

I didn't think to look up there !  Thanks for the suggestion.
C

At 12:19 PM 2013-04-07, Mark Kaye wrote:
>O   There should be a shop vac type vacuum cleaner up there.  I know 
>there was when I vacuumed up millions of lady bugs a couple of springs 
>ago.  Maybe it is upstairs?



_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca


_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca



More information about the astronomers mailing list