RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] NOVA Program Starts Jan.21 -Only 4 More Seats Left!

Roger Hill Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Wed Jan 9 13:00:45 EST 2013


Not a problem, Nick...it's to start at 8pm.  I have difficulty making it
to meetings much earlier than 7:30, and I'll need time to set up, so
it's an 8pm start.

 

The expectation currently is that the classroom portion will take an
hour, or so, and then we can go outside and actually see what we've just
talked about, get a head start on the homework, or just open up the
floor to !  It won't go too late, as I normally get up at 4:30am to get
to work.

 

I'm expecting that there will be some other members who will show up to
offer expertise, but I can't guarantee that.

 

I'll be sending out an email to all the participants about what to bring
(pens, pencils, warm clothing, empty bladder, etc.).

 

I'll do my best to answer any questions you, or any other participants
may have.

 

Roger Hill

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Nicolas Rusnak
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:27 AM
To: astronomers
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] NOVA Program Starts
Jan.21 -Only 4 More Seats Left!

 

Roger,

 

Just reviewing the Club Programs Page, and the previous emails for a
start time for the Nova Program.  It doesn't state a start time, or I
have completely missed it.  Also, the Nova program is not listing in the
Events Calender.  It looks like most events start at 7:30, is it safe to
assume the same for the Nova Program?

 

Thanks Again, and sorry for being a bother.

 

Nick

 

 

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net>
wrote:

Glad to have you along, Nick.

 

See you on the 21st at the Observatory.

 

 

Assuming that Liz takes a spot, we have one left.

 

Going, going...

 

Sent from my BlackBerry(r) PlayBook(tm)
www.blackberry.com

 

________________________________

From: "Nicolas Rusnak" <nrusnak at gmail.com>
To: "astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca" <astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca>
Sent: 9 January, 2013 10:37 AM


Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] NOVA Program Starts
Jan.21 -Only 4 More Seats Left!

 

Roger,

 

If there are still spaces, I would like to attend, please let me know.  

 

Thanks 

 

Nick Rusnak

 

 

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net>
wrote:

Hi, Liz...what would you like to know?

 

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions you have, but I'm not sure
what I can add other than what is on the Web Site and what's been in the
last two issues of Orbit.

 

Feel free to email me privately if you wish.... roger.hill at hiteach.net 






Sent from my BlackBerry(r) PlayBook(tm)
www.blackberry.com

 

________________________________

From: "Liz Macalpine" <smacalpine at bfree.on.ca>
To: "astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca" <astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca>
Sent: 9 January, 2013 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] NOVA Program Starts
Jan.21 -Only 4 More Seats Left!

 

Hello.

 

I might be interested in this as well.  Can I get more details?

 

Thanks

Liz

	----- Original Message ----- 

	From: Gary Bennett <mailto:gary at bendun.net>  

	To: announce at hamiltonrasc.ca 

	Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:42 PM

	Subject: [RASC Hamilton Special Announcement] NOVA Program
Starts Jan. 21 -Only 4 More Seats Left!

	 

	If you missed our January meeting last Thursday, Roger Hill
presented the NOVA Program (New Observers to Visual Astronomy) which
starts on January 21.

	 

	There are only 4 seats left, so book soon!

	 

	The NOVA Program is a 8-part series of seminars designed for new
and beginner level amateur astronomers. Even "experienced" astronomers
who never learned "proper basics" will benefit. Space is limited so
sign-up now by contacting Roger Hill.

	 

	The program will take place at the RASC Hamilton Centre
Observatory and combine classroom instruction as well as "time under the
stars". This is a bona fide professional curriculum led by an
experienced lecturer.

	 

	Graduates will receive their Graduation Certificates at the
banquet in June.

	 

	This program is free for RASC Hamilton centre Members but there
will be a $ 5.00 per class ($ 40 total) fee will cover classroom
expenses.

	 

	Not a RASC Hamilton Centre member yet? Now would be a good time
because this program won't be offered again until Fall/Winter 2013 at
the earliest.

	 

	For dates and more information, visit:

	http://www.hamiltonrasc.ca/?page_id=18

	 

	    Gary Bennett

	 

	
________________________________


	_______________________________________________
	Announce mailing list
	Announce at hamiltonrasc.ca
	http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/announce_hamiltonrasc.ca


_______________________________________________

astronomers mailing list

astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca

http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca


_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca

 


_______________________________________________

astronomers mailing list

astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca

http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca


_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20130109/8c5868bb/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list