RASC Hamilton Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) - putative dSLR Image

Mark Kaye mark.kaye at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 24 07:24:47 EST 2013


On 13-11-23 20:57, David Galbraith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I have reported, this morning I took several dSLR images of the morning sky in the area where Comet ISON should appear, from the Burlington Waterfront. I wasn't able to spot the comet with binoculars or a 5" Mak telescope.
>    
    This morning, it was quite clear.  I drove to a lookoff on the 
escarpment that looked through a hole in the murk between Milton and 
Mississauga using Mercury as a reference.  I used a WO66 and my 7*50 
binoculars and came up with nothing at all, not even a hint.  Mercury, 
Saturn and Zubenelgenubi were easy unaided eye targets and both Encke 
and Ison should have been below, but nothing was seen.  I kept looking 
until the sky was too bright.  If Ison is going to be the comet of the 
century, the next 87 years are going to be pretty bleak.

-- 
    Clear Skies!
                MK

http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm




More information about the astronomers mailing list