RASC Hamilton Partial solar eclipse tomorrow
David Galbraith
dr_d_a_galbraith at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:35:19 EDT 2014
A couple of ideas:
Recommended spot - the marina parking lot at the Point Clark Lighthouse, about 9 km south of Kincardine. Great public view of lake horizon, although close to lake level. For an elevated view there is a west-facing parking lot behind the Bean Bistro on Kincardine, on the west side of the main street across from the library. I can't guarantee how uncluttered that view will be in the direction of the sun, though.
Best wishes,
David
> On Oct 22, 2014, at 11:27, Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net> wrote:
>
> I'm heading off to Lake Huron, perhaps Kincardine or Goderich, as I like the idea of watching the Sun sink into the lake. I did this for the 2012 Transit of Venus, and managed to get a great picture (featured in the RASC 2013 Calendar).
>
> I'll be taking my 6" F/9 Ritchey-Chretien, and a Meade Personal Solar Telescope.
>
> Anybody else heading off to a good spot?
> <winmail.dat>
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
More information about the astronomers
mailing list