RASC Hamilton Steve Sawyer's query

Ed emizzi at cogeco.ca
Mon Sep 8 21:20:52 EDT 2014


Dave, it's obvious that your modesty is only exceeded by your greatness??!! But who was it that gave you the two large elastic bands that hold your scope together?!

Ed

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 8, 2014, at 11:19 AM, Dave Dev <davedev777 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Ed, regarding the special guidance you received from certain imaging teachers, you're welcome.  I'm always glad to help a struggling fish out of water.  With humility, I take full credit.
> 
> Dave
> 
> 
>> On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Ed Gmail <edmizzi.mizzi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Steve Sawyer,
>> 
>> I joined the Hamilton club just over 4 years ago, and not only did members help me in purchasing a new scope, they helped me find a whole new world in Astrophotography. I am still very much a novice at this new facet of amateur Astronomy (with the emphasis on amateur!), but I have made a few photos that I am very pleased with and I continue to work along the rather steep learning curve because the end results are so exciting and gratifying, no matter the quality.
>> However, with the special guidance of a few members, I would be nowhere...their expertise and personalized training far outweighed any manuals,books, videos and websites I looked at.
>> So, if I can help in any way, even to pass on how I got involved and the equipment I have, I am more than willing to give you my 2 (or 5) cents worth.
>> 
>> 
>> Ed Mizzi
>> Waterdown, ON 
>> 
>> Sent from my iPad
>> 
>>> On Sep 3, 2014, at 1:53 PM, joe <jpipitone at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hi Steve Sawyer,
>>>  
>>> I would strongly support Rogers advice. In fact, I have all the equipment if you want to borrow it to see if you want to get into Astrophotography. It is expensive and complicated with a lot of dedicated work to learn about it and the cold and loss of sleep you will have to endure. I am a night owl so the long nights didn’t bother me as long as I could sleep the next day. Once you dabble into it you will see if you want to get into it and also if you want to upgrade certain equipment to meet your unique needs and interest. Gary Bennett set me up with my venture into astrophotography and he is a great source of information and help. I am sure others will be more than happy to help as well. 
>>>  
>>> Joe Pipitone
>>>  
>>> From: Roger Hill
>>> Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:13 PM
>>> To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>>> Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton The 2014-2015 Season!
>>>  
>>> I might suggest borrowing one of the Centre's scopes, or using the new C14 to start dabbling in astrophotography. 
>>> 
>>> Seeing as you live in Waterdown, it's a short trip for you to get the observatory.
>>> 
>>> If it turns out that astrophotography is not for you, you'll have found that out BEFORE you spend a ton of money and many hours of work.
>>> 
>>> Roger
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: astronomers on behalf of Gary Bennett
>>> Sent: Wed 03/09/2014 9:21 AM
>>> To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>>> Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton The 2014-2015 Season!
>>> 
>>> I will make you a shopping list.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Gary Bennett
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> http://bendun.net/
>>> 
>>> http://photos.bendun.net/
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> From: astronomers [mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Gary Colwell
>>> Sent: September-03-14 9:11 AM
>>> To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>>> Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton The 2014-2015 Season!
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Hello Steve,
>>> 
>>> I can help with that.as I am sure others would be as well...will be happy to discuss this with you at the meeting..
>>> 
>>> See you there!!!Gary
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> From: supergiant2003 at hotmail.com [mailto:supergiant2003 at hotmail.com]
>>> Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 9:06 AM
>>> To: Gary Colwell
>>> Subject: Fwd: RE: RASC Hamilton The 2014-2015 Season!
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -------- Original message --------
>>> 
>>> From: Steve Sawyer
>>> 
>>> Date:08-30-2014 7:47 PM (GMT-05:00)
>>> 
>>> To: president at hamiltonRASC.ca
>>> 
>>> Subject: RE: RASC Hamilton The 2014-2015 Season!
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Hi Gary,
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I have been a member of the Hamilton chapter of the RASC for a long time.  I actually don't know how long. I have been invisible though, only making a few treks to 7th concession and perhaps one Coachman get together for more than a decade - mostly due to work.  All I have in terms of current equipment are three Televue eyepieces and a Barlow from a prior telescope and I want to "get back in".
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I would like to speak with someone who may have similar interests . what I would really like to do is:
>>> 
>>> ·        Buy an equatorial mount that I can set up myself and is very automatic (with go to and auto-set up)
>>> 
>>> ·        Buy a telescope that will allow me to view and do astrophotography (I have never done photgraphy before)  that I can set up myself (I had a 10 inch meade that was too heavy)
>>> 
>>> ·        I was hoping to leverage my dslr camera that invested a lot in.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> This will perhaps be the last set up I ever buy.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I am planning to be at the meeting on September 4th . I was just wondering if there is a club member or two who would be able to give me some advice about what to do - member that you would suggest? . any guidance appreciated
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I live in Waterdown . and I would buy dinner for the advisors! J
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> . cheers . and thanks
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> s t e v e  s a w y e r
>>> 
>>> 905|690|7631 ... home
>>> 
>>> 647|274|6604 ... cell
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> From: astronomers [mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Gary Colwell
>>> Sent: August 25, 2014 7:41 PM
>>> To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>>> Subject: RASC Hamilton The 2014-2015 Season!
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Hello All,
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Well here it is.almost the end of the summer ( as the EX goes)..and in just over a week we will once again be starting our regular meetings.and we have some pretty great events and  speakers lined up already!
>>> 
>>> Our first meeting is on Thursday September 4th at 8:00 pm at the Legion in Waterdown.  Our first meeting has traditionally been a "catchup" on what members did over the summer. If there is something you would like to present, a tale of something astronomical that happened over the summer.any photographs you have taken, or anything you might think other members would be interested in hearing.drop me an email at the one below  or. supergiant2003 at hotmail.com and let me know what you would like to present and for how long..Lets get our first meeting off to a bang! ( a Big Bang!)
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Also, October will be election month and I would really like to encourage you to consider becoming a member of the board this year. We would like some fresh and new ideas.and there is always room for just one more on the board. If you would like to nominate someone for the board.please email me with your suggestion.and don't be shy.nominate yourself!!!
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Also,   a special announcement!
>>> 
>>> Westfield has put this on their site.  We need a lot of telescopes to do a star party, so any suggestions would be terrific.
>>> 
>>> Mark
>>> 
>>> Westfield Star Party
>>> 
>>> Friday 26 September 2014 19:00
>>> 
>>> Westfield Heritage Village
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Westfield Star Party
>>> 
>>> Westfield is very excited to announce a brand new event - The Westfield Star Party.  Presented in partnership with the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, this event will be an exciting opportunity to discover the wonders of the night sky.  Visitors will be able to learn about the history of astronomy at a period lecture, peer through a Victorian telescope and discover the world of modern astronomy.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> If you can help out, bring a telescope or just make yourself available for this event..we need a lot of people top help make this new event a huge success. Let me know if you can come!!!
>>> 
>>> Really looking forward to connecting with everyone again this year!....and Oh Yes.Invite a friend!!!!
>>> 
>>> See you all soon!!!
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Description: logo
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Gary Colwell
>>> 
>>> President - HamiltonRASC
>>> 
>>> Email president at hamiltonRASC.ca
>>> 
>>> Personal supergiant2003 at hotmail.com
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> astronomers mailing list
>>> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>>> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> astronomers mailing list
>>> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>>> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> astronomers mailing list
>> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
>> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20140908/8164c3de/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list