RASC Hamilton If you're heading south...

Roger Hill Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Sun Apr 5 13:48:02 EDT 2015


There was a discussion about planispheres at the last NOVA session.

 

One fellow mentioned that he was off to Cuba, and was hoping to see a
number of objects in the sky that were not visible from our latitude.

 

A couple of years ago, I wanted to make a planisphere for the southern
Caribbean as I was headed off on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Aruba.

 

I found everything I needed on a web site created by a Japanese fellow
called Toshimi Taki:  http://www.geocities.jp/toshimi_taki/ .

 

On this website you can find instructions on how to create a double
sided planisphere.

 

If you're headed to a place well outside of your normal observing area,
I'd highly recommend you create one of these.  Use clear "packing tape"
to laminate it.  You may want to add in a couple of deep sky objects
before you do, and add in planets afterwards so they can be removed and
replaced the next time you're headed south.

 

Roger

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20150405/d37d34e0/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list