RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] Lunar X
GAry Colwell
supergiant2003 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 22:04:49 EDT 2015
Hi Roger you're absolutely right I just took a picture of it about 10 minutes ago my mistake
Sent from my Samsung device
-------- Original message --------
From: Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net>
Date: 08-21-2015 21:57 (GMT-05:00)
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] Lunar X
The RASC Observers Calendar indicates 10 pm EDT . Gary mentioned 8:36 pm EST, which is Eastern Standard Time. This works out as 9:36 Eastern Daylight Time.
The Lunar X is a feature on the terminator, and is of lower contrast...try a series of exposures both shorter, and longer than the camera indicates. A bright object on a black background can be tricky for auto-exposure cameras.
Lunar photographers should also be checking out their equipment on the August Full Moon so you know what sort of lenses or telescope will work best for the September Total Lunar Eclipse.
Roger Hill
From: astronomers [mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Ian O'Neill
Sent: August 21, 2015 9:13 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] Lunar X
Looking forward to seeing them.
Cheers,
Ian
On Aug 21, 2015, at 8:50 PM, GAry Colwell <supergiant2003 at hotmail.com> wrote:
I got some really nice shots of it it's over now I will post them when I get home later on
Sent from my Samsung device
-------- Original message --------
From: Ian O'Neill <ioneill at cogeco.ca>
Date: 08-21-2015 20:44 (GMT-05:00)
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] Lunar X
<_MG_7592.jpeg>
I’m having problems seeing it. I’m shooting with a 250mm lens. With the crop factor it ends up near 400mm. I darkened the sky by underexposing for the background. I’m going to have to keep shooting. Hope the city lights won’t muck with it.
Cheers,
Ian
On Aug 21, 2015, at 8:36 PM, GAry Colwell <supergiant2003 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Not sure Scott is 8:36 and I am taking pictures right now I can see it
Sent from my Samsung device
-------- Original message --------
From: Scott Barrie <barrie_62 at sympatico.ca>
Date: 08-21-2015 20:17 (GMT-05:00)
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] Lunar X
How long will it last?
On Aug 21, 2015, at 6:07 PM, Gary Colwell <supergiant2003 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey everyone.
Lunar X tonight at 8:30 EST…..get your scopes and cameras ready…..
Gary
_______________________________________________
Announce mailing list
Announce at hamiltonrasc.ca <mailto:Announce at hamiltonrasc.ca>
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/announce_hamiltonrasc.ca <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/announce_hamiltonrasc.ca>
<Mail Attachment.txt>_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
<Mail Attachment.txt>_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20150821/61bb074f/attachment-0002.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
More information about the astronomers
mailing list