RASC Hamilton Pics of less than 24hour old moon
Roger Hill
Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Wed Nov 18 07:03:23 EST 2015
Hi, Klaas...
The Canon XSi is a very good camera for astrophotography. It has a number of features that make it good, but the biggest one is called Live View, where you can see on the small screen at the back of the camera precisely what the camera is looking at. You can zoom in, too, which allows you to properly focus the camera.
If you get this camera, I'd suggest that you go to Andy Blanchards "Astrophotography Nights" at the Observatory on the last Thursday of the month (except for December). If you want to take great pictures, it helps to learn from a great photographer.
I hope this helps, Klaas.
Roger
-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers on behalf of Klaas Dekens
Sent: Tue 17/11/2015 11:35 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Pics of less than 24hour old moon
Hello Roger this is Klaas hope you are well Im still around ad busy.I would
like to ask your advice on a Canon camera Im being offered its a Canon
rebel XSIDS126181 I hope Ive given enough to go on,is this a suitable
camera?If you can help thank you.
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net> wrote:
> Also, don't forget about this evenings nice photo-op with Venus, Mars and
> the Moon!
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: astronomers on behalf of Scott Barrie
> Sent: Fri 20/02/2015 11:56 AM
> To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Pics of less than 24hour old moon
>
>
> Thanks, Muhammad (and Murray, Roger and Gary!).
>
> I used a Nikon D600 with an f4.0 200-400 zoom lens.
>
> Exposure for both shots was 1/13 sec at f5.6.
>
> ISO on the wide shot was 2500 and it was shot at 260mm.
>
> The closer shot was at ISO 1250 and the lens was set to 400mm.
>
> I did try a variety of different settings. 1/30 sec was slightly sharper
> at the expense of increased noise, although I was always surprised at the
> amount of detail that could be found in the files.
>
> Here's one shot a little bit later at 1/30 sec at f4.0, ISO 5000. The
> white dot above the tower is a plane.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Feb 20, 2015, at 10:31 AM, Muhammad Basil Ahmad <bscphm at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Very nice, Scott. I saw it when I got home from work, but I was too cold
> to shoot.
> >
> > What was your camera set up?
> >
> > Muhammad Basil Ahmad
> > HonBSc, BScPhm, RPh, CDE
> >
> > On 19 February 2015 at 20:27, Scott Barrie <barrie_62 at sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
> >
> > I braved the cold tonight to try and get a shot of the new moon. Had
> just about given up - thinking I must have had the wrong night - when I
> spotted it, a little lower than I anticipated. Managed to get a few shots.
> Too darn cold to stay out very long.
> >
> > Scott Barrie
> >
> >
> > <New moon and wires wide 2-6538.jpg><New moon near wires 2-6544.jpg>
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > astronomers mailing list
> > astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> > http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > astronomers mailing list
> > astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> > http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 4808 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20151118/20e16d3e/attachment-0002.bin>
More information about the astronomers
mailing list