RASC Hamilton Astrophotography Night

Andy Blanchard atacamandy at hotmail.ca
Thu Nov 19 12:53:35 EST 2015


Send alone a picture so we can see them

Andy Blanchard
905-330-5626C
905-469-2400B

> On Nov 19, 2015, at 11:08 AM, Jeff Booth <jbooth at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> 
> Hi Andy,
> 
> Thanks so very much for your emails.
> 
> Within three hours of our earlier communication I learned -- much to my
> intense frustration -- that I have a cast-in-iron conflict on the night of
> your upcoming presentation.
> 
> Basically, I cannot get out of the other one -- as much as I wish I could.
> 
> Therefore, to my regret, I will now not be able to attend your late-November
> presentation. 
> 
> However, having now had this particular conflict I am aware that for all
> future months I may have the exact same conflict, for the last Thursday of
> the month.  Therefore, I will have to find a way of trying to extricate
> myself from the other one, in such a way as to successfully sit in your
> audience.
> 
> By way of background on me, I have been "kicking around" with
> astrophotography for a bit.    (Long, long time ago, I used to be a news
> photographer and have, basically, kept up a serious but low-level interest
> in photography.)     I think my first astro pic was Comet Hale-Bopp, about
> 20 years ago.    Recently, I got my first amateur images of the nebula in
> Orion and also of Saturn.  The Saturn pic happened about six weeks ago, when
> the planet was painfully low to the horizon ... basically just above my
> neighbour's roof.   Not the best angle for these kinds of photos, I am sure.
> For that one, I used a Neximage 5 camera, through a Celestron 925.  Registax
> software was also part of that equation.   Pretty sure I can see the shadow
> of the rings on the planet and then, behind the planet, the shadow of the
> planet on the rings.
> 
> The nebula image was captured through the same scope, using a Canon EOS T5i.
> I got two "acceptable to me" images of the nebula within seconds of each
> other, about three or four weeks ago.    ISO was set to 12800 and the
> exposures were 4-seconds and 6 seconds.    Not bad for a rookie, I guess,
> but the fantastic surprise was that when I looked at the two nebula images,
> one of them had a satellite track streaking across one section of it.   All
> in all, a very cool coincidence...
> 
> Anyhow .... I look forward to meeting you .... eventually.
> 
> Best
> Jeff Booth 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: astronomers [mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of
> Andy Blanchard
> Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:46 PM
> To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Astrophotography Night
> 
> 11 spots left
> 
> Andy Blanchard
> 905-330-5626C
> 905-469-2400B
> 
>>> On Nov 18, 2015, at 5:44 PM, Eric Golding Studio
>> <egoldingstudio at rogers.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi Andy;
>> 
>>  Please count me in for the Thursday 26th Nov.  Eric Golding.  Thanks.
>> 
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Blanchard"
> <atacamandy at hotmail.ca>
>> To: <astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca>
>> Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:53 PM
>> Subject: RASC Hamilton Astrophotography Night
>> 
>> 
>>> I am please to announce our first speaker this year will be Kerry Ann
> Lepky Hepburn, a note imager and recipient of several APODS. We have room
> for 15 sitting. Please send me an email and I'll save you a spot
>>> 
>>> Time 20:00
>>> Location Club Observatory
>>> Date Last Thursday of the month
>>> 
>>> Questions call me.
>>> 
>>> Andy Blanchard
>>> 905-330-5626C
>>> 905-469-2400B
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> astronomers mailing list
>>> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>>> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> astronomers mailing list
>> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
> 
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
> 
> 
> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca



More information about the astronomers mailing list