RASC Hamilton [ Special Announcement] Chilton Building roof replacement

Ian O'Neill ioneill at cogeco.ca
Tue Oct 27 11:51:35 EDT 2015


Gary,

I’m in for Saturday but at 10 and I’m gone by 4. I’ve got a hammer, chalk line, two straight-edged spades for shingle removal. I’ve got a cordless drill but it is less than heavy duty. 

See ya Saturday.

Cheers,
Ian

> On Oct 27, 2015, at 11:09 AM, Gary Colwell <supergiant2003 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Hello all,
> Once again I am excited that we are making so many improvements to the observatory…and this weekend Saturday Oct 31 and Sunday Nov 1 we are going to be replacing the old dilapidated shingled roof with a brand new steel roof and I again am asking for volunteers to help out . This is a big job and you will need to bring some tools with you
> 1.       Hammers
> 2.       A cordless drill ( and nut drivers if you have them)
> 3.       If you have any roofing tools ie roofing hammer or heavy steel scraper for removing shingles…that would be great.
>  
> Once again refreshments will be provided and a BBQ too!
>  
> The plan is to remove the old shingles on Saturday, install the roofing barrier and strapping and get as many of the steel panels installed as possible before it gets dark and all the ghouls and goblins come out. We will be doing this unless there is heavy rain forecast for that day…and so far it is looking good….
> What we don’t get done Saturday we will complete on Sunday.
> We will start at 9:00 am on both days.
> If you can help please email me back at   supergiant2003 at hotmail.com <mailto:supergiant2003 at hotmail.com> so we don’t clutter up the announce list.
>  
> Thanks again everyone.
>  
> Gary C,
>  
> _______________________________________________
> Announce mailing list
> Announce at hamiltonrasc.ca <mailto:Announce at hamiltonrasc.ca>
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/announce_hamiltonrasc.ca <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/announce_hamiltonrasc.ca>


Wingin' it Productions
2331 Coldstream drive
Burlington, ONtario
l7p 3t1
ioneill at cogeco.ca <mailto:ioneill at cogeco.ca>
p. 905-336-7473 <tel:905-336-7473>
c. 905-484-1708 <tel:905-484-1708>




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20151027/260f0784/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Wingin' It Small.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 11777 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20151027/260f0784/attachment-0001.jpg>


More information about the astronomers mailing list