RASC Hamilton - Members Only Last night...

Roger Hill Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Thu Mar 22 22:09:11 EDT 2012


Hi, Andy…

 

For visual work, it’s not an issue…the object was always in the eyepiece, and the joystick made it easy to centre it.  It was only after I hooked up a camera to the scope that I noticed the problem, and realized why the GOTO’s were not perfect.

 

I don’t think with the mild winter we had, that the pier would have shifted enough to have caused the problem.

 

The autoguider, though, could have helped a lot but I could not get it to work.  Is there a problem with it?  

 

Roger

 

 

 

From: members-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca [mailto:members-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Andy Blanchard
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:43 PM
To: members at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton - Members Only Last night...

 

I notice it also last night Roger. I suspect we had a gremlin playing with the polar alignment again. We had perfect alignment a few weeks ago. Looks like a new topping is in order.

Andy Blanchard

905-465-2031H

905-847-7777B


On 2012-03-22, at 5:28 PM, "Roger Hill" <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net> wrote:

	Last night (March 21,2012) I was at the observatory until after 1am, having a lovely time. 

	 

	I used my Canon T1i and got the scope focused using the nice sharp diffraction spikes on a bright star.  

	 

	The tracking was awful, though, with a steady drift.  1 minute exposures showed trailed stars.

	 

	I also couldn't get the autoguider to work.  There is an LED on it that lights up when it’s connected.  No matter which USB hub I tried,  the light never came on, and there was no indication on the computer that it was trying to connect..  

	 

	What work remains to be done on the scope automation project?

	 

	 

	_______________________________________________
	members mailing list
	members at hamiltonrasc.ca
	http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/members_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20120322/93317627/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the members mailing list