RASC Hamilton - Members Only Triple Play

Roger Hill Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Mon Mar 26 21:25:49 EDT 2012


Agreed.

I normally use the roof, or eaves, of a house.  I managed to observe Venus shortly after noon about a week before the last Transit.  

Clouds can also be useful in this manner, to hide the Sun.

I observed Venus with the Sun almost directly overhead in July, 1991.  Of course, the Moon was completely blocking the Sun at the time!

Roger




-----Original Message-----
From: members-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca on behalf of Mark Kaye
Sent: Mon 26/03/2012 8:46 PM
To: members at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton - Members Only Triple Play
 
On 12-3-26 20:36, Roger Hill wrote:
> Why?
>    
    Hello Roger.  I suppose I should put a caveat about not pointing a 
scope or binoculars at the Sun, but I thought everyone in our group 
would already know that.
    Part of the trick of finding daytime objects is to observe where the 
Sun is not directly visible, so I kind of forget that caveat.

-- 
    Clear Skies!
                MK

http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm


_______________________________________________
members mailing list
members at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/members_hamiltonrasc.ca

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 3453 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/members_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20120326/20deb5af/attachment-0002.bin>


More information about the members mailing list