RASC Hamilton Monthly Meetings - Announcement Feedback Request
David MacMillan
starchemist at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 8 12:01:21 EDT 2012
Gary, how about this for a straw-man:
- non-significant changes: as soon as known - posted on website and emailed
to membership
- significant changes: post on website and then email to members 3 times: 1
month in advance, 2 weeks in advance, and 1 week in advance
-David MacMillan
-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Bennett
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:36 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Monthly Meetings - Announcement Feedback Request
So that we make sure that everyone fully informed, without abusing
everyone's email inbox, I would like to get some opinions from our members.
1) How many email announcements about upcoming events would you say is
enough?
2) Online: Do we need more? We currently have
- A website that lists upcoming events on the Home Page
(www.hamiltonrasc.ca). Typically for the next 2 months
- An online event Calendar
I would appreciate your feedback but ask that you contact me directly:
gary at bendun.net
Gary Bennett
-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca
[mailto:astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca] On Behalf Of Mark Kaye
Sent: June-07-12 9:08 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Monthly Meetings
On 12-6-07 20:19, Ken Knoflook wrote:
> Saturday night at the banquet...
>
Our monthly meeting is at the banquet? The centre by-laws require that
monthly meetings of the RASC Hamilton Centre be free and open to the public.
How can we hold a centre meeting at a 50 dollar a seat banquet? It never
occurred to me that the meeting would be part of the banquet. When I saw
the announcement, I glossed over it, because I already have my tickets and
monthly meetings are surely a separate entity. I was unable to attend the
last few meetings because of family matters, so I missed any annoucements
then. I sure hope there were not any other people expecting a meeting
tonight. Maybe a message saying the regular monthly meeting is cancelled in
the subject line would have been a good idea?
--
Clear Skies!
MK
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
More information about the astronomers
mailing list