RASC Hamilton Housekeeping - New Email System/Bulletin Board

Joseph Pipitone joe at pipitone.ca
Thu Mar 15 23:46:13 EDT 2012


Hi Gary:

I joined Yahoo just about the time you changed over to your new system. So
I now have 2 email adresses. I would like to eliminate my Yahoo e-mail and
use only my personal one that I registered on the new blog. thanks

Joe Pipitone

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Gary Bennett <gary at bendun.net> wrote:

> *New Email System Update:*
>
> ** **
>
> On Tuesday an email was sent to all club members announcing our new email
> system and Bulletin Board. We are happy to report we have yet to find any
> glitches! But we do anticipate that those who use more than 1 email address
> might find that messages sent to the group are “Waiting for Moderator
> Approval”. This is a security feature and that is a good thing! Here is an
> explanation:****
>
> ** **
>
> The new email system is “subscription based” which means that you can only
> send email to the group if your email address has been registered. Nothing
> to do here... you have already been registered using the same email address
> that you were using on the former RASCals or Yahoo groups. But many of you
> probably use more than 1 email address. For example, Your “Smart Phone” (
> gmail.com / me.com / etc.) might be receiving email for one of your email
> addresses (sallysmith at cogeco.com)  but if you send email (or reply to an
> email) from your smart phone, it might be sending from a different email
> account (sallysmith at gmail.com).****
>
> ** **
>
> If this sounds like it applies to you, just send me an email (
> webmaster at hamiltonrasc.ca or gary at bendun.net) with a list of email
> addresses that you would commonly use and I can make sure you won’t have
> your emails held waiting for approval. You will still have only 1
> “registered” email, but we can add your other email addresses to a list of
> “approved senders”.****
>
> ** **
>
> Just a reminder, the new email addresses for RASC Hamilton are:****
>
>                 astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca (use this 99% of the time) –
> Includes Members AND Non-Members****
>
>                 members at hamiltonrasc.ca  (use this ONLY when your message
> is “Club Business”) Goes to only RASC Members and Associate Members (Paid)
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> *Bulletin Board Update*
>
> ** **
>
> There is nothing “new” to report, other than to say it is ready and eager
> for some new users to get in on the fun.****
>
>                 http://forum.hamiltonrasc.ca/****
>
> ** **
>
> It is easy to register but we have now turned “ON” the security feature
> that requires “Moderator Approval”. This is the feature that keeps the
> bad-guys out. I plan to be home for the next few days so approval will come
> quick. But I can’t be at my computer 24/7 so I suggest you register tonight
> and get that chore out of the way.****
>
> TIP: Use your “real name” as your User Name. “Handles” like “stud-muffin”
> or “astrogod” means I will need to send you an email asking who you are.
> More work for me, and more delay for you. And I believe that most members
> will also want to know who you are before they strike up an on-line
> discussion with you.****
>
> ** **
>
> If any of this sounds confusing, just drop me a line and I will be happy
> answer your questions.****
>
> ** **
>
>   Gary Bennett****
>
>  Director of Communications, RASC Hamilton Centre****
>
> ** **
>
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20120315/4140afea/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list