RASC Hamilton Torrance Barrens to see the comet tonight

Gary Colwell supergiant2003 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 16 09:46:20 EDT 2013


Oh yes, and there is a good chance of an aurora tonight as well!

Paceweather.com says:

 

The CME left the sun traveling some 900 km/s (2 million mph).
Three-dimensional computer models based on observations from SOHO and NASA's
twin STEREO probes predict the CME will cross the void between sun and Earth
in two days or less. NOAA forecasters estimate a 70% chance of polar
geomagnetic storms when the cloud arrives on March 17th

From: Gary Colwell [mailto:supergiant2003 at hotmail.com] 
Sent: March-16-13 9:40 AM
To: 'astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca'; David Dev (monshonday at yahoo.ca);
gary at bendun.net; Armita Zaferani (armitazaferani at yahoo.com); Andy Blanchard
(ablanchard at cogeco.ca)
Subject: Torrance Barrens to see the comet tonight

 

Hey all,

I have been looking at the clear sky clock for Torrance Barrens, a Dark sky
preserve in Bracebridge, and I was thinking of going there tonight to get
some shots of Panstarrs and do some observing..any takers?.......I would
like to leave here around 5:30..

Gary C

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20130316/e2b8642a/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list