RASC Hamilton Solar eclipse 3 Nov 2013

Roger Hill Roger.Hill at hiteach.net
Mon Nov 4 19:38:51 EST 2013


Hi, Colin...I was not successful.

I had to work Saturday night, and got home about 2:30am (EDT).  

I relaxed on the couch and ... slept right through it.  Woke up to ths sun streaming through the windows.

I hope to have better luck with next years Sunset eclipse.  I may go back to the same place I used for the 2012 Transit of Venus.

Will you be at the meeting on Thursday?

Roger


-----Original Message-----
From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca on behalf of Colin Haig
Sent: Mon 04/11/2013 4:01 PM
To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
Subject: Re: RASC Hamilton Solar eclipse 3 Nov 2013
 
Roger, David, Anybody else?
It was a BEAUTIFUL morning - and had some modest success. Lots of low 
cloud on the horizon made it tricky.
Colin

At 03:44 PM 04/11/2013, Roger Hill wrote:
>Hi, David...
>
>Were you successful?
>
>Roger
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: astronomers-bounces at hamiltonrasc.ca on behalf of David Galbraith
>Sent: Sat 02/11/2013 9:45 PM
>To: astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>Subject: RASC Hamilton Solar eclipse 3 Nov 2013
>
>Hi,
>There is a solar eclipse tomorrow (3 Nov). There is a chance, if the 
>weather holds, that we will see about 10 minutes of the partial 
>eclipse at sunrise.
>Sun will rise at a bearing of about 110 degrees. A clear view of the 
>eastern horizon is needed, as within 10 minutes after sunrise it's 
>all done from our perspective.
>
>I shouldn't have to note it for RASC people, but DO NOT attempt to 
>view the eclipse with anything other than eclipse glasses or other 
>divides designed for safe solar viewing.
>
>The moon will just be a wee little bite out of the very bottom of 
>the sun. Here's an expected view created with Stellarium of just 
>about 4 minutes after sunrise, from Dundas. Remember that the clocks 
>change tonight too.
>
>I'm planning on seeking a clear view of the horizon over Lake 
>Ontario from the Burlington Waterfront beside Spencer's. The 
>forecast doesn't look perfect, but not without hope,
>
>cheers,
>- David Galbraith
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>astronomers mailing list
>astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
>http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca



_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 3967 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20131104/f0f025dd/attachment-0002.bin>


More information about the astronomers mailing list