RASC Hamilton Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) - no luck from Burlington this morning

Mark Kaye mark.kaye at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 23 19:06:16 EST 2013


At 2013-11-23 07:53, you wrote:
>Did anyone else have a look this morning?

    That makes me feel a little better.  I awoke with a massively 
splitting headache a 03:00 and laid in bed until 04:00 hoping it 
would go away.  I then got up, looked outside at the sky, which was 
completely overcast, not even any real sign of the Moon and then went 
back to bed for an hour.  It was still cloudy and I finally fell back 
to sleep not waking up until it was light and quite cloud free.  I 
was going to head to a place on the escarpment with a good eastern 
view, but the darn headache stopped me from driving out at 
04:00.  When I got up and it was clear, I was most annoyed.  In my 
state, I would more likely have driven off the road than observe a 
comet anyway.  So you not seeing anything in good health makes me 
feel like I did not need to be too upset about not going out this morning.
    This comet had better put on a show post perihelion...

    Clear skies!
                MK

http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm 




More information about the astronomers mailing list