RASC Hamilton Help needed for a telescope clinic...Monday, March 24th?

MARK PICKETT vumari at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 20 15:50:09 EDT 2014


Roger,
 
I can help out with the Dobs, etc., but I only know the Sphinx goto mount.
 
Mark
 
 
 
On 03/20/14, Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net> wrote: 
>  We have a new member who'd like some assistance with a Celestron CPC
> type of telescope.  Unfortunately, I have had no experience with using a
> Celestron handpad for controlling a telescope, just with my Meade.  I
> suspect many of the functions are the same, so I don't think it will
> take too long for me to figure it out.  However, if there is someone who
> has some familiarity with the Celestron, we could use your expertise!
> 
> One of the good things about joining a group such as ours is that there
> is knowledge out there.  The Internet is an astonishing thing, but
> sometimes you just need someone to give you a guiding hand.
> 
> At the moment, it looks like it just might be clear on Monday evening
> (24th March).  The snow is disappearing quickly, and although it will
> probably be partially flooded, or at least "squishy", the parking lot at
> the Observatory should be a good place to get together.  
> 
> So...I'm thinking that getting together for an informal "how to use your
> telescope" session might not be a bad thing.
> 
> Do you agree?  If so...reply here and let everyone know.  Tell us your
> telescope type and what type of help you'd like or problem you'd like
> solved.  If you can help, let us know here, too!  I've seen how these
> sorts of things can snowball rapidly, and I don't really want to be the
> only experienced amateur there when several dozen people arrive needing
> help!
> 
> Who's interested?
> 
> Roger
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
> 
> 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20140320/94fea6b7/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list