RASC Hamilton Laptop Won't Talk to Mount

Mark Kaye mark.kaye at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 1 15:06:54 EDT 2014


On 14-11-01 14:49, Rick Cudmore wrote:
> Could it be the USB to RS232 cable? It is almost 8 years old.

    Yes it could.  I find that USB to RS232 adapters can be very fickle, 
working with one application and not with another.  I prefer FTDI driver 
adapters over Prolific as well.  Another problem can be that the device 
claims to be Prolific, but is actually a cheap knock off that sort of 
supports Prolific drivers.
    Can you connect other devices to the adapter?
    I have a weird problem with ECU6 when I hook up my computer to the 
G11.  It occasionally says that there is not a telescope connected.  
Then I run ECU5, which sees the telescope.  I stop ECU5 and return to 
ECU6 and everything works properly.  I have not been able to figure out 
why this happens, I just know that as a fix, it works.

-- 
    Clear Skies!
                MK

http://www3.sympatico.ca/mark.kaye/index.htm

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20141101/04552805/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list