RASC Hamilton Laptop Won't Talk to Mount

Ed Gmail edmizzi.mizzi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 15:22:45 EDT 2014


Hi Rick, I had to replace my RS 232 to USB patch cord this past summer and it was only 3 years old. When I picked up a new one at Tiger Direct it came with the drivers on a CD.
Hope this helps.

Ed

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 1, 2014, at 2:49 PM, Rick Cudmore <rcudmore1 at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> 
> Hi Everyone,
>  
> I have spent the last three hours trying to get two different programs to connect to my mount and need some help.
>  
> I have a Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro mount, Synscan is version 3.35.  Computer uses Windows 7 and I have ECU version 6.0L and TheSkyX version 10.2.0. I’m using a USB connection from the laptop to a RS232 to the hand controller. (If this worked I was going to buy a EQDIR USB2EQ6 cable and bypass the hand controller.)
>  
> I tried connecting with ECU first as I thought it would be the easiest. In the dropdown menu Skywatcher is not listed and on the forums it was suggested to use Celestron. That is not easy as it doesn’t really state Celestron in the menu. I selected various options and I got connection errors.
>  
> I tried TheSkyX next and the dropdown box doesn’t have Skywatcher again and it was suggested to use Celestron 8i. That didn’t work so I tried Orion and the dropdown states any mount using the Synscan controller. That didn’t work either.
>  
> I tried connecting with EQMOD and Ascom and that received conflicting errors.
>  
> Could it be the USB to RS232 cable? It is almost 8 years old.
>  
> If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would like to hear them.
>  
> Regards,
>  
> Rick
> _______________________________________________
> astronomers mailing list
> astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
> http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20141101/1a4dc90a/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the astronomers mailing list