RASC Hamilton NOVA course - 2015
Greg Stopelli
gstopelli at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:47:32 EST 2015
Hi Roger,
I would like to take the course. Please let me know if you will be at the next meeting and I can pay you then. Thanks....
Greg Stopelli
On Jan 5, 2015 12:40 AM, Roger Hill <Roger.Hill at hiteach.net> wrote:
I now have my work schedule for the next few months and as a consequence, I can now firm up the dates for the New Observers to Visual Astronomy (NOVA) course. It is open to members of the Hamilton Centre.
All NOVA sessions are on Monday evenings at the Hamilton Centre observatory, at the corner of Milborough Town Line and Concession 7E in Flamborough. We start at 7:30 with some observing (run by Mark Pickett). Finish times will be between 9:30 and 10pm.
The first course will be $20, and includes the textbook: The Beginner's Observing Guide, a binder, course notes and hand-outs. Each session afterwards is $5.
Here is the schedule:
Feb 2nd - Brief introduction to the course and the RASC; Planispheres.
Feb 16th - Motions of the Sky and Seasons (Family Day...it could be moved to the following night.)
Mar 2nd - The Solar System
Mar 16th - Telescopes: Choosing and Using.
Mar 30th - The Moon and Eclipses
Apr 13th - Charts, North, Distance, Position and Brightness
Apr 27th - Star Designations, RA, Dec. and Deep Sky Objects
May 11th - Stars and a brief history of the Hamilton Centre
The course fills up fairly quickly, so I'd to suggest that you get in touch with me as quickly as you can if you'd like to reserve your place. A few spots are already taken.
Roger Hill
NOVA instructor,
Hamilton Centre, RASC
_______________________________________________
astronomers mailing list
astronomers at hamiltonrasc.ca
http://hamiltonrasc.ca/mailman/listinfo/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://hamiltonrasc.ca/pipermail/astronomers_hamiltonrasc.ca/attachments/20150105/b1d13b98/attachment-0002.htm>
More information about the astronomers
mailing list